Cricket- The Ashes

:D Indeed! It is a brilliant way of summing up a dogey situation, but sadly International Test Cricket is often "not cricket" these days :(

Problem being, as well as the current Aussie team being complete chavs, a lot of the International teams are falling away in standards. Something is going very wrong in the lacks of the West Indies and New Zealand camps.

The Perth wicket looks like it might be green on the opening morning

green.webp

Interesting toss coming up. If Ponting wins he'll bat yet again, will Strauss conversely elect to ball hoping to knock the Aussie top order over quickly, or bat with a target of putting the game out of reach early?

Shane Warne has predicted a massive England choke with the English not winning the ashes prior to Xmas. Uhmm Shane, they can't win the ashes prior to Xmas regardless of result, they can ensure Australia can't win it however.

Forecast is for fine weather over the entire five days.

Jethro, I warned you about talking in Aussie !! :confused:

LOL, no American has any idea what you just posted about !!

Even though I don't understand it, I love reading the lingo quite a bit.

Shane Warne has predicted a massive England choke with the English not winning the ashes prior to Xmas. Uhmm Shane, they can't win the ashes prior to Xmas regardless of result, they can ensure Australia can't win it however.

I think Shane was referring that because Australia can't win the Ashes then England will retain them.

I think Shane was referring that because Australia can't win the Ashes then England will retain them.

Yes but if he's the go to comments person then he should actually know how to phrase the situation. If England win in Perth they will have a 2-0 lead in the series and will retain the ashes regardless of results in the remaining two matches after Perth.

In one of those great moves I absolutely love, Australia have left Michael Beer out of the side. Yes Beer will be carrying the drinks, and there is no Beer in the Australian dressing room. Apparently David Boone is devastated ....

England have won the toss and decided to have a bowl. Clearly Strauss thinks there's enough in the wicket to get some inroads into the Aussie batting line-up today. Also means the spinner gets to toss them down in the fourth innings.

And at stumps on Day one, Australia all out for 268, love the Journalist who declared that a good fight back from the first session ... go get a real job, England 0/29 in reply. Could be a long day in the field for the Aussies today.

# It's all gone quiet over there...

:D

Sorry we're way too busy sharpening knifes and eyeing up Ricky Ponting.

Congratulations to England on a deserved Ashes victory :) Fingers crossed the Aussie selectors bite the bullet and get rid of the deadwood for the Sydney test.

Sorry we're way too busy sharpening knifes and eyeing up Ricky Ponting.
Only joking, I know more about snail wrestling than cricket but they have been discussing it on my forum.

To say they were unsurprised that Ponting was dropped for the last match (?) is an understatement.

Congrats to England on a very well deserved win!

I was disgusted to see Mitchell Johnson carrying on in such a boganistic manner when he verbally attacked the English Captain on the field - and for Ponting's disgraceful arguing with the Umpire! God but I hate that side of our team so much, Thank you to Warne and all the other major bogans who have infested our team with the attitude that this is acceptable behaviour - I would sack any of them for behaving like cretins on or off the field!

Australian Cricket team.. you disgust me, and not because you lost but because you behave like the worst Yobbos and then cry like babies when you don't win.. sickening!

ps...
Chris Tremlett ... mmmmmmmmm

girls (and boys that way inclined) Google him :D

Top Bottom