Cricket- The Ashes

Cricket...... good sport to fall asleep to - works every time. :)

Why do the Aussies call the English poms, is it because of there red hats in the first world war?

LOL Jethro, like I told you, us Yanks have no idea what the hell you 'down unders' are saying !!

Tell the forum what a 'Kiwis' is if you would.

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — [pauses] — shame on you. Fool me — [pauses] — You can't get fooled again.

LOL, at least it was not Elton John, Wacko Jacko and Madonna, I would have to take you off of my Facebook friends list then !!

Who in the hell are the Hoodoo Gurus ??

1980's Aussie band...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cricket test ........... sssshhhhh ........... i can't hear a word. At least us poms can moan when we win and moan when we lose but you Aussies just shut up and fade away.... have some grace. lol.

Cricket test ........... sssshhhhh ........... i can't hear a word. At least us poms can moan when we win and moan when we lose but you Aussies just shut up and fade away.... have some grace. lol.

hahaha.. that is because a huge amount of us just don't care tbh :p

We spent decades at the top internationally, and that led to incredibly arrogant and disrespectful players team after team who ended up being the worse "Ugly Australians" where ever they went.

I don't know one woman who likes cricket anymore, and very few of the men I know give a toss as a result, all of the people who would have traditionally loved cricket that I know (Private school/university educated people) gave up following it long ago.

People who like it now are either die hard cricket lovers (good on them) or they are the the Bogans (chavs) who followed as they adored their beloved Warnie and the other bogan Gods in the last lot of them, and wanted to be just as obnoxious and feral as their heros.. but down side is your bogan's are very fair weather friends I am afraid, they don't get into following losing teams ;) So apart from whining about how the Umpires are blind and that they should have "brung back Warnie (legend!!!!!!s)" you won't hear much about Cricket this Summer hahahaha.

Sorry to all those die hard Aussie Cricket fans if you don't fall into the boofhead category, I always had a soft spot for Cricket, until a decade or so ago, when that sledging/obnoxious/arrogant/drug taking and blaming Mummy culture started to dominate the game.

Were they criminals or were they outward looking people that the estabilisment were scared of lol.
And yes, i envy you.

hahaha.. that is because a huge amount of us just don't care tbh :p

We spent decades at the top internationally, and that led to incredibly arrogant and disrespectful players team after team who ended up being the worse "Ugly Australians" where ever they went.

I don't know one woman who likes cricket anymore, and very few of the men I know give a toss as a result, all of the people who would have traditionally loved cricket that I know (Private school/university educated people) gave up following it long ago.

People who like it now are either die hard cricket lovers (good on them) or they are the the Bogans (chavs) who followed as they adored their beloved Warnie and the other bogan Gods in the last lot of them, and wanted to be just as obnoxious and feral as their heros.. but down side is your bogan's are very fair weather friends I am afraid, they don't get into following losing teams ;) So apart from whining about how the Umpires are blind and that they should have "brung back Warnie (legend!!!!!!s)" you won't hear much about Cricket this Summer hahahaha.

Sorry to all those die hard Aussie Cricket fans if you don't fall into the boofhead category, I always had a soft spot for Cricket, until a decade or so ago, when that sledging/obnoxious/arrogant/drug taking and blaming Mummy culture started to dominate the game.

And ain't that a shame.
Honestly, cricket is a bond between nations and although we (England) were most likely to be on the losing side it is something that brings us together so to speak.

Were they criminals or were they outward looking people that the estabilisment were scared of lol.
And yes, i envy you.

My Ancestor 7 generations ago was transported after being convicted of being in posession of a stolen Bank Cheque!!! Oh the horror!!!

lol We who have convict ancestors are quite proud of it these days :) The vast majority of Australians can claim no such honour, most are much later immigrant stock.

And ain't that a shame.
Honestly, cricket is a bond between nations and although we (England) were most likely to be on the losing side it is something that brings us together so to speak.

Yes it is a shame, I love the positive influence Cricket has had around the world .. the very notion of "it's just not cricket" the glorious draw, the sound of leather on willow .. I remember one house I had which was very close to an oval that played grade cricket, and how delightful it was to hear the game from afar.

At junior or grade level it probably is still wonderful, I was very proud recently driving past our local high school to see they had a sign out saying congratulations to the Australian under 16's Captain who is a student there.. wonderful stuff!

I love the positive influence Cricket has had around the world .. the very notion of "it's just not cricket"
How i love that, that is something i still hold dear to my lifestyle and it is something i still quote now if i think something is wrong.
"Tha ay cricket mon" as they say in the Black Country

How i love that, that is something i still hold dear to my lifestyle and it is something i still quote now if i think something is wrong.
"Tha ay cricket mon" as they say in the Black Country

:D Indeed! It is a brilliant way of summing up a dogey situation, but sadly International Test Cricket is often "not cricket" these days :(

Top Bottom