1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Crashing during upgrade.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Edrondol, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

Here's the error:

Code:
    Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 164
    XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->set() in XenForo/Model/Style.php at line 434
    XenForo_Model_Style->rebuildStyleCache() in XenForo/DataWriter/Style.php at line 171
    XenForo_DataWriter_Style->_rebuildCache() in XenForo/DataWriter/Style.php at line 162
    XenForo_DataWriter_Style->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 699
    XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->updatePropertyCacheInStyle() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 632
    XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->rebuildPropertyCacheInStyleAndChildren() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2316
    XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertiesFromArray() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2187
    XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyXml() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2120
    XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyDevelopmentXml() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportMasterData.php at line 45
    XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportMasterData->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
    XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 232
    XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRebuild() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/install/index.php at line 18
    Any hints to tell my host what's up? I have a ticket open with just the error for now.

2. Edrondol

Earlier I got this error:

server error.png

So I think I have some disconnect with the database.

3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

You'll need to manually repair the table that is marked as crashed. Do that through phpMyAdmin if you have access to it.

4. Edrondol

How do I do that? It says repair failed.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The search index table needs to be repaired at least.
    The first problem indicates connection issues with the server during the cache rebuild.

Can you check and repair the DB and then try to rebuild the master data?

6. Edrondol

Trying to repair now. (I was looking in the table for the repair, not the index.)

7. Brogan

If you can't repair it, you can always truncate it and rebuilt the search index afterwards.

8. Edrondol

That will be plan "B". Thanks for helping me off the ledge. ;)

9. Edrondol

Silly question, but how long should this repair take? It's been 1/2 hour already.

10. Brogan

The search index can be quite large.
    How big is the table?

11. Edrondol

I have no idea how big it is. All stats are gone because of the crash.

12. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's still running the repair? Is it being done through phpmyadmin or via command line by hour host?

13. Edrondol

Finally got into it thanks to the host helping out, truncated the table...and I still get the server error. So something else is going on. Yay! (Yes, I know this isn't an XF issue, but posting here has helped me narrow down what I needed to do.)

14. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Any further idea's on this. We restarted MySQL, search index is empty, but he continues to get the error. Also MySQL logs don't show any issues resulting from this either.

15. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

Can he run the upgrade now, or re-run it if needed?

16. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

No, gets the same error.

17. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

How long does it take during the update process before you get the error with MySQL going away?

18. Brogan

Have you tried contacting the host to see if they can help?

19. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I think Mike is the host :confused:

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  20. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

I suspect Mike is the host.

The Forum Heroes likes this.