Convert Threads to Resources

Convert Threads to Resources 1.0.2

No permission to download
Hi. You mean that cover more attachments into resource?? is that right?
At the moment when I run the add-in for my site, it does not add the zip file as a resource. Even when I delete the images first and make sure there is only 1 zip file present, it doesnt add it in.

I think this add-on is really good so was just hoping it could be extended to work for zip file attachments as well

Thanks

At the moment when I run the add-in for my site, it does not add the zip file as a resource. Even when I delete the images first and make sure there is only 1 zip file present, it doesnt add it in.

I think this add-on is really good so was just hoping it could be extended to work for zip file attachments as well

Thanks
Ok! I will look at when I have free time :)

Ok! I will look at when I have free time :)

I have been converting a lot of these manually, just changing the is_fileless field in the db table to be 0 and then uploading the zip file again, even going in to update the download count and version number to match what I require.

I think to automate this inside your plugin would be too much work just for what I need. I appreciate your offer but unless a lot of others show interest I would just keep your plugin as it is and focus time on other things.

Appreciate your offer to look at it. Perhaps we might work on something else sometime :)

I have been converting a lot of these manually, just changing the is_fileless field in the db table to be 0 and then uploading the zip file again, even going in to update the download count and version number to match what I require.

I think to automate this inside your plugin would be too much work just for what I need. I appreciate your offer but unless a lot of others show interest I would just keep your plugin as it is and focus time on other things.

Appreciate your offer to look at it. Perhaps we might work on something else sometime :)
sorry. At this time i dont have an free time so please wait in next time. I will leave an update for that :)

Fixed :D Waiting to @0ptima give me his email so I can send an update to him :D

Ive attached the updated addon provided by @Nobita.Kun (Thanks! )

@shibuya246 I have not had a chance to test it yet, so please test it first in a test environment before using it in a live environment. Once I test it, ill update this resource.

Thanks to @Nobita.Kun, the first non-image attachment will be converted to a resource manager attachment. Just be careful when converting threads with non-image attachments as any additional non-image attachments will no longer be accessible.

Thanks, great add-on.
Suggestion: When converting the thread, it would be great to have the opportunity to set the resource name/title, instead of automatically using the thread title. In the pop-up requiring the resource category selection, also have another text form filled with the thread title pre-populated and allowing the user to edit it.

Also, thread tools when viewing a resource discussion probably shouldn't have the option to convert to resource.

I am testing this add-on and i have a question about it. Does this add-on only work if there is an attachment in the post? What about for external link downloads?

For example: In some of my threads. I have 5 pictures and an external link to download the resource. But when i convert the thread to resource.

The resource converts well but there is no download button. I thought this add-on would take the "Link" in the post and turn it into a "download via external website" along with the 5 photos.

Is this not possible? or am i doing something wrong.

I am testing this add-on and i have a question about it. Does this add-on only work if there is an attachment in the post?

It will work with no attachments.

From the addon overview page...

All attached images will be associated to the newly created resource. The first non-image attachment will be converted to a resource manager attachment. Any additional non-image attachments will not be converted and will no longer be accessible!

What about for external link downloads?
The addon does not create external link downloads.

Top Bottom