Convert Threads to Resources

Convert Threads to Resources 1.0.2

No permission to download
Can I ask the difference between this and mine?
I'd be interested to know as well as I'm currently trying to decide which one to use. What makes yours the one to go for?

At the moment I'm favouring this one as Optima says it's 1.4 compatible and unfortunately to be honest on "Threads <=> Resources" there are a couple of comments about threads being converted and going missing. If the thread is important enough to become a resource then the last thing I need is for it to disappear.

@0ptima I've started converting threads and I noticed that converted resources get saved as "Version <conversion timestamp>". I tried deleting the date version from the version field in an edit, but it remains there even after I edit it blank. Is this normal?

Edit: nm, I see that this is a XF issue.

Last edited:
After convert thread to resource, I can't change resource type to External download URL or Uploaded file ;(

Last edited:
After convert thread to resource, I can't change resource type to External download URL or Uploaded file ;(
This would depend on the category you choose for the resource I think. The category needs to bring the type you want for the new resource.

This would apply whether you convert a thread to resource or create a resource normally.

I just found this excellent add-on. Am I ever glad you created this. I'm hoping its still being maintained for some time to come. Should be core imho.

Top Bottom