Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)
It looks like the post-back notification took a little while to show up, or something was being delayed. But records show you've managed to download it now.

@Xon

If you ever get time (I know, haha!) I think it'd be worthwhile to revisit the design of the rejoin conversation feature. As it is now it isn't very user-friendly. Most users would click on the title of the conversation in their trash, which (as it is now) takes them to an error page saying the conversation couldn't be found. I think it'd be pretty simple to have the conversation title trigger a modal that asks the person if they want to rejoin the conversation, and much easier for the average user to figure out.

Xon updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

2.1.0 - Feature update

• Rework 'trash' folder to prompt for re-joining if clicking on a conversation that has been left
    • Add "Rejoin alert" option (default disabled)
  • Permission "Manage any conversation" from Conversation Improvements now provides user-group access in addition to is_moderator & is_admin flag checks
  • Fix that 'bypass conversation limits' for moderators did not apply when replying.
  • Respect selected prefix when exporting a single...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi.

I'm trying to install via ssh.
I'm getting this error:

PHP 5.6.0 or newer is required. 5.4.16 does not meet this requirement

However my server is running 7.3.6

webserver's ph (ie php-fpm or mod_php) probably has a different version to the php CLI.

Run php -v and it'll output the version something like this;
Code:
PHP 7.3.6 (cli) (built: May 31 2019 00:34:27) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.3.6, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.3.6, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

If it doesn't match you'll need to get a sysadmin to fix up your configuration.

@Xon

Trash works much better, thank you! I noticed that folder prefixes work in the trash but not elsewhere. I know fixing them is on your to-do list, just thought it was funny.

Can you explain this a little more?

Permission "Manage any conversation" from Conversation Improvements now provides user-group access in addition to is_moderator & is_admin flag checks

@Xon

Trash works much better, thank you! I noticed that folder prefixes work in the trash but not elsewhere. I know fixing them is on your to-do list, just thought it was funny.
Need to review the prefix handling bits

Can you explain this a little more?
Editing error, basically "bypass conversation limits" behaviour now respects the "Manage any conversation" permission.

Nope. Unless you mean conversations you started vs conversations other people started which could be done, however Conversation messages do not interact with the filtering/listing system

I notice when "copy to thread" is used, the attachments are removed from the conversation (they do not show in the thread). Is that as intended?

Looks like a bug in how attachments are copied to the thread. They are there, it is just the attach_count isn't being set

@Xon i know you've been doing all your other work but i wanted to remind you that you were going to work on the ability to have conversations jump to the last one when all messages have been read. its been two months since my last check in so i figured it was time.

@Xon i know you've been doing all your other work but i wanted to remind you that you were going to work on the ability to have conversations jump to the last one when all messages have been read. its been two months since my last check in so i figured it was time.
I want to wait till after XF2.1.3 comes out as there are a bunch of XF bugs around how conversation read handling works in XF2.1.2

@Xon is there any plan, or any workaround that I'm missing, to set rules by the username(s)? so let's say I'll set if the sender was Xon, go to Label Dev.

Top Bottom