Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Please run this via the CLI;
Code:
grep EarlyJoinFinderTrait3 src/addons/*/hashes.json src/addons/*/*/hashes.json | grep -v "b845463df366877a43eb6dfa3cf5ca0759366c451fabef490ad99dd80a82e912"

This will check all the hashes.json to ensure they are consistent. Otherwise, try reuploading the files

I have this on a 2.1 installation and I have a moderator reporting that every time he tries to open a conversation with a certain user, that user is automatically shown with a line through his name (User is not banned on the site though). I opened a conversation with the user and DID NOT see a line through his name. User claims that he cannot see the conversations that were opened by the moderator. I disabled this add-on and the line went away.

Any thoughts?

The line is added through the name if they have left, my guess is the user set up an auto-leave rule or was just instantly ignoring the conversation when they saw it

Where in the DB can we find the user's preferences / auto leave rules that he may have set up? The user insists that they haven't done that. I found the conversations in question in xf_sv_convess_conversation_user, and the user definitely has never opened the message because the last_read_* columns are 0 for the conversations in question (He claims he's never even seen them).

The xf_sv_convess_rule table, where the user_id is 0 or matches the user.
Yeah that's what I thought it was. That table is completely empty. So the user doesn't have any auto-leave rules set up. I'm going to have the moderator send the user in question another conversation and pay attention to see if the strike-through is immediate, or if the user is leaving the conversation on his own after some time.

I'm having problems with searching conversations.
This worked for a while but now it never finds a result.

Conversation Essentials and Improvements are both installed + Search Improvements and ES.

No errors in the log. Any idea's where to look?

Last edited:
I'm having problems with searching conversations.
This worked for a while but now it never finds a result.

Conversation Essentials and Improvements are both installed + Search Improvements and ES.

No errors in the log. Any idea's where to look?
It is likely the default "search everywhere" is drowning out conversation search results. Either use "content weighting" to boost it up, or enable the "most specific search type" so the quick search defaults to search local content (instead of everywhere).

there is a user who has a message notice to read but when he opens the tray, he has none.
How is this fixed ?

View attachment 213080
The cli command: php cmd.php xf-rebuild:sv-conversation-label will rebuild those counters. I forgot to add a GUI version

It is likely the default "search everywhere" is drowning out conversation search results. Either use "content weighting" to boost it up, or enable the "most specific search type" so the quick search defaults to search local content (instead of everywhere).
I didn't want conversations to show up when doing a quick search or 'search everywhere' so I put the weight to 0 for conversations.
But if I choose 'search conversations' in advanced search, then it still doesn't find anything?

Code:
ErrorException: {"sort":["_score",{"date":"desc"}],"docvalue_fields":["discussion_id","user","date"],"_source":false,"size":"200","query":{"bool":{"must":{"function_score":{"query":{"simple_query_string":{"query":"test","fields":["title","message"],"default_operator":"and"}},"functions":[{"exp":{"date":{"origin":1572770148,"decay":0.5,"scale":31536000}}}]}},"filter":[{"terms":{"type":["conversation_message","conversation"]}},{"term":{"recipients":1}}],"must_not":[{"terms":{"type":["conversation","conversation_message","profile_post","profile_post_comment"]}}]}}} src/XF/Error.php:75

Code:
#0 src/XF.php(187): XF\Error->logError('{"sort":["_scor...', false)
#1 src/addons/SV/SearchImprovements/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php(19): XF::logError('{"sort":["_scor...')
#2 src/addons/XFES/Search/Source/Elasticsearch.php(153): SV\SearchImprovements\XFES\Elasticsearch\Api->search(Array)
#3 src/XF/Search/Search.php(164): XFES\Search\Source\Elasticsearch->search(Object(SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Search\Query\Query), '200')
#4 src/XF/Repository/Search.php(34): XF\Search\Search->search(Object(SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Search\Query\Query))
#5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php(395): XF\Repository\Search->runSearch(Object(SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Search\Query\Query), Array, true)
#6 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php(111): XF\Pub\Controller\Search->runSearch(Object(SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Search\Query\Query), Array)
#7 src/addons/SV/SearchImprovements/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php(55): XF\Pub\Controller\Search->actionSearch()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Search->actionSearch(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Search', 'Search', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Search), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Search), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#12 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}

Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(14) "/search/search"
  ["referrer"] => string(55) "https://ziggoforum.nl/search/?type=conversation_message"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["keywords"] => string(4) "test"
    ["c"] => array(4) {
      ["users"] => string(0) ""
      ["recipients"] => string(0) ""
      ["newer_than"] => string(0) ""
      ["min_reply_count"] => string(1) "0"
    }
    ["order"] => string(9) "relevance"
    ["search_type"] => string(20) "conversation_message"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(34) "/search/?type=conversation_message"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
The content weight is being applied even for the specific content type search; which is a bug

@Mr. Jinx please update Search Improvements to the just released v2.2.8.

Yesterday i have reduced the number of private conversations to 100 and the number of converssation posts to 200 for a special group.
As admin i have unlimited numbers of both. When i try to write as Admin to a member of this group with a "full mailbox" i get the message "that my limit is reached", but this is not true. The receiver has reached his limit.

1. I guess we miss two messages here?

My mailbox is full (conversations and/or messages) and the receivers mailbox is full (just full or conv or messages).

As admin you should not stop my private messages, but now you can, just with a full mailbox.
2. So we miss the ugp to be without the limit of the receiver?

Imagine:

You have two types of users.
a) cant start discussion, limit of 10/100 for conversations/post
b) no limits

a) should do or pay something to be member of b)

Now Peter in a) has reached the limits. Sabrina tries to write a private conf and gets a message „Mailbox full“.
But Peter gets no message, i guess?

So i see two more ugp and warnungs:

1. Will have a warning that own postpox is full
2. Warning plus info who has tried to write

Both will help to make a) buying or doing something to be in b)

Without that there is no info about reaching a limit, because a) cant open new conf anyway.

Is there any way I can add a label to an existing message in my inbox??
Either by the "apply label" inline moderation tool, or the "edit conversation" button when viewing a conversation. You need to already have created labels for it to work and have permission to use the label system

Top Bottom