Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Conversations that are copied to threads have a problem being set as read. I copied a conversation to thread and it refuses to set as read no matter how many times I view it. Clicking "mark all forums read" works though.
This is a bit wonky with how forum timestamps are being handled, need to check it.

xon is there a way to set an option so that when you click on a previously read conversation it sends you to the last message in the conversation rather than back to the beginning?
I haven't managed to isolate why this is happening :(

I think this is related to marking a conversation as read

This is happening to me as well. It seems like both the sender and the receiver get the same alert when a person with a full inbox tries to send a message ("{username of person with full inbox} has tried to start a conversation with you. However, since your inbox is full, the conversation was blocked."), which is confusing because it's not accurate for either person.

Also, if the conversation limit has not been reached, but they are over the message limit, they can still start a new conversation.
Any ETA for fixing this?
Thanks @Xon ;)
Fixed in the next version

Hello @Xon,
I got this error:

• TypeError: Argument 2 passed to SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Service\Conversation\Creator::__construct() must be an instance of XF\Entity\User, null given, called in /src/XF/Container.php on line 274
  • src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Service/Conversation/Creator.php:26
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Feb 2, 2019 at 7:30 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Container.php(274): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->__construct(Object(XF\Pub\App), NULL)
#1 src/XF/App.php(1362): XF\Container->createObject('SV\\Conversation...', Array)
#2 src/XF/Container.php(228): XF\App->XF\{closure}('SV\\Conversation...', Array, Object(XF\Container))
#3 src/XF/App.php(2511): XF\Container->create('service', 'XF:Conversation...', Array)
#4 src/addons/Snog/Raffles/Cron/Draw.php(153): XF\App->service('XF:Conversation...', NULL)
#5 src/addons/Snog/Raffles/Cron/Draw.php(32): Snog\Raffles\Cron\Draw::sendPC(Object(XF\Phrase), 'Not enough entr...', NULL, 'easiii')
#6 [internal function]: Snog\Raffles\Cron\Draw::Draw(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#7 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(G)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#11 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#12 {main}

I suspect its got something to do with @Snog add-on. https://xenforo.com/community/threads/raffles-for-xenforo-2-x-paid.133665/

@Xon i was on a few different sites that have updated to 2.1 and it looks like the conversations are jumping to the most recent message now. have you found that to be the case?

In the "conversation group" drop down while creating a new conversation, the menu items should have a hover background change or something to indicate which group you're selecting.

Reactions: Xon
@Xon i was on a few different sites that have updated to 2.1 and it looks like the conversations are jumping to the most recent message now. have you found that to be the case?
Is this for conversations which have never been read? XF2 by default jumps to the latest conversation page for unread conversations. For read conversations it jumps to the first page.

In the "conversation group" drop down while creating a new conversation, the menu items should have a hover background change or something to indicate which group you're selecting.
Will look into that

Is this for conversations which have never been read? XF2 by default jumps to the latest conversation page for unread conversations. For read conversations it jumps to the first page.
ah crap, you're right. it must have been a new message that i missed. oh well, guess you have to get back to work then.

Reactions: Xon
Any permission or way for admin to bypass the inbox size limit? E.g a member has hit the limit but an admin needs to message them?

@Xon I can't seem to get the folder display styling to work, even on the default style. Any ideas as to what I might be missing?

Top Bottom