Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Why this phrase svConvEss_alert_inbox_full is sended via alert to user whom message is tried to send (but have not full inbox)?
On my forum, user get this alert, but his inbox is not reach the limit (with number of PC nor posts inside PC)
It is notification for why you can't send to a particular user, it probably needs to be better worded and presented as an error rather than via alert
Yep, but that alert get user who "recive" mesage, not sender.

This is happening to me as well. It seems like both the sender and the receiver get the same alert when a person with a full inbox tries to send a message ("{username of person with full inbox} has tried to start a conversation with you. However, since your inbox is full, the conversation was blocked."), which is confusing because it's not accurate for either person.

Also, if the conversation limit has not been reached, but they are over the message limit, they can still start a new conversation.

Last edited:
Why this phrase svConvEss_alert_inbox_full is sended via alert to user whom message is tried to send (but have not full inbox)?
On my forum, user get this alert, but his inbox is not reach the limit (with number of PC nor posts inside PC)
It is notification for why you can't send to a particular user, it probably needs to be better worded and presented as an error rather than via alert
Yep, but that alert get user who "recive" mesage, not sender.
This is happening to me as well. It seems like both the sender and the receiver get the same alert when a person with a full inbox tries to send a message ("{username of person with full inbox} has tried to start a conversation with you. However, since your inbox is full, the conversation was blocked."), which is confusing because it's not accurate for either person.

Also, if the conversation limit has not been reached, but they are over the message limit, they can still start a new conversation.
I'll need to look into that issue next week

Any ETA for fixing this?
Thanks @Xon ;)

Rules need a little bit more. Right now it's basically check for a word or a new member. There isn't a way to label important members who have at least X posts or points. Also useful to label per usergroup or that could be cool even just as a global thing set in admin.

Also display wise labels, rules and response could use a little more distribution as options pages as they blend into the inbox and labels. Maybe an icon on the left of each.

Any ETA for fixing this?
Thanks @Xon ;)
Not currently, fairly busy with a couple of other add-ons.

download conversation to txt file would be nice!
It is something that has been requested, but I haven't had time to implement.

Rules need a little bit more. Right now it's basically check for a word or a new member. There isn't a way to label important members who have at least X posts or points. Also useful to label per usergroup or that could be cool even just as a global thing set in admin.

Also display wise labels, rules and response could use a little more distribution as options pages as they blend into the inbox and labels. Maybe an icon on the left of each.
Yeah, the labels/rules/etc are v1.0 and need some work done to improvement. But I just haven't had time or enough feedback to figure out how to improvement.

Just saw this error too

Code:
    ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Repository/ConversationRule.php:129

Generated by: xxx Jan 30, 2019 at 3:35 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Repository/ConversationRule.php(129): XF::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/xxx/pu...', 129, Array)
#1 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Repository/ConversationRule.php(31): SV\ConversationEssentials\Repository\ConversationRule->conditionMatches(Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Entity\ConversationRecipient), 'registered_days', 3, Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\Entity\ConversationRule), 1, 0)
#2 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Job/ConversationApplyRules.php(127): SV\ConversationEssentials\Repository\ConversationRule->conversationMatchesRule(Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Entity\ConversationRecipient), Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\Entity\ConversationRule))
#3 src/XF.php(478): SV\ConversationEssentials\Job\ConversationApplyRules->SV\ConversationEssentials\Job\{closure}()
#4 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Job/ConversationApplyRules.php(160): XF::asVisitor(Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): SV\ConversationEssentials\Job\ConversationApplyRules->run(G)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#8 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#9 {main}

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(16) "/xxx/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(58) "xxx/index.php?conversations/rules"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Just saw this error too

Code:
    ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Repository/ConversationRule.php:129

Generated by: xxx Jan 30, 2019 at 3:35 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Repository/ConversationRule.php(129): XF::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/xxx/pu...', 129, Array)
#1 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Repository/ConversationRule.php(31): SV\ConversationEssentials\Repository\ConversationRule->conditionMatches(Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Entity\ConversationRecipient), 'registered_days', 3, Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\Entity\ConversationRule), 1, 0)
#2 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Job/ConversationApplyRules.php(127): SV\ConversationEssentials\Repository\ConversationRule->conversationMatchesRule(Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Entity\ConversationRecipient), Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\Entity\ConversationRule))
#3 src/XF.php(478): SV\ConversationEssentials\Job\ConversationApplyRules->SV\ConversationEssentials\Job\{closure}()
#4 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Job/ConversationApplyRules.php(160): XF::asVisitor(Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): SV\ConversationEssentials\Job\ConversationApplyRules->run(G)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#8 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#9 {main}

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(16) "/xxx/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(58) "xxx/index.php?conversations/rules"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Fixed for the next version, this happens if a conversation was started by a deleted user

Are stickied conversations exempt from pruning? That makes sense to me. Also could in conversation list view the stickied conversations inherit styling from how stickied threads are in forums. Not sure if that is a thing or a template hack needed. Thanks!!

Also where do I create a conversation group? I don't see a link or button anywhere and not in the group list. All I see is "No groups have been created yet."

thanks!!

Last edited:
Conversations that are copied to threads have a problem being set as read. I copied a conversation to thread and it refuses to set as read no matter how many times I view it. Clicking "mark all forums read" works though.

Top Bottom