Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)
@Sunka you'll need to update Conversation Essentials and then Expiring User upgrades in that order to fix this
Thanks Xon, no errors anymore.

But I have a question.
On XF1 version of this addon, Staff could send PC (private message) to another regular user no matter if user reach limit of it inbox.
Now I (as a staff member) can not send PC to user if his inbox is reach limit.
Any thoughts how to make that Staff can allways send PC to users, no matter users inbox limit?

On XF1 version of this addon, Staff could send PC (private message) to another regular user no matter if user reach limit of it inbox.
Now I (as a staff member) can not send PC to user if his inbox is reach limit.
Any thoughts how to make that Staff can allways send PC to users, no matter users inbox limit?
Staff should be able to bypass it. But I'll need to double check they are being allowed properly.

Staff should be able to bypass it. But I'll need to double check they are being allowed properly.
I add all permissions I could, but result is same, if user reach inbox limit than Staff can not send him PC.
Please, take a look when you get time.

Thanks xon, working now :)

May I ask you what happened with progress bar (like in polls) for allowed number of messages in inbox?

Hasn't been implemented in the XF2 version, the information is there it just doesn't provide good feedback on it

@Xon Does have moderator permission, Can Edit conversation from participants? Also can view all user conversation?

Hasn't been implemented in the XF2 version, the information is there it just doesn't provide good feedback on it

I like the inbox progress bar. Do you have any plan for re-adding this functionality?

@Xon Does have moderator permission, Can Edit conversation from participants? Also can view all user conversation?
Nope. Viewing all user conversations is handled by a semi-private add-on and not part of Conversation Essentials or Conversation Improvements.

Last edited:
Xon updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

2.0.5 - Bugfix update

• Fix creating conversation groups without any members
  • Provide an error message on non-unique conversation group names
  • Cleanup user merging so conversation groups are not orphaned if a duplicate name exists
  • Cleanup rows which may have been orphaned on a user delete
  • Fix that some background jobs where being incorrectly scheduled
  • Fix clicking 'no label' sets the word '(no label)inbox' to the conversation label
  • Fix that admin labels are listed twice when adding a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

is there a setting to get the names of all of the people in the conversation to display? currently it looks like this:

Conversations | DressedWell 2018-10-14 01-28-35.webp

these are all auto pm's to new members. since i'm the only person to have replied i can't tell who its from. and since they're new, they either have avatars that i don't recognize or ones i don't know, so its kind of hard to make sense of the inbox.

edit - i think i have it, but the option setting reads a little screwed up. the default install has it on participant name view: default and default list view: avatars. but the setting for default list view reads "If the above option is set to 'Modified', then would you like the default view of the conversation participants on the list page to be Usernames (text based) or Avatars (image based)?". so then if the participant name view is set to default then shouldn't the conversation participant view automatically set itself to text since modified isn't selected?

Last edited:
I'll have a look at the wording, it should behave the same as the XF1 version functionality.

Top Bottom