Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Hmmm thanks. It sounds like it should be set correctly but we’re not seeing it. I’ll dig into whether it’s a style issue.

Reactions: Xon
Close! In the CSS icon textbox, enter the following: fa fa-thumbs-up

That'll let you use the Font Awesome thumbs up icon. Keep in mind, you can use the same format for other Font Awesome icons too like fa fa-rocket.

Is this still correct for the latest version or did something change?

It just seems to display the text

Screenshot 2021-08-21 at 20.25.32.webp

I've been hunting down this mod to determine the style around the rating view for others. Obviously since this was first launched, XF have updated their own ratings system, but I like the little boxes the rating is in, with the number displayed.

Could you tell me if its possible to implement this part only of the mod, using the built in reactions please?

This add-on is essentially a reskin and extension of the built in reactions. But there is a pile of back-end php changes driving how the UI display works can it can't simple be tweaked via template edits

I never really thought to ask before, have you considered adding any extra widgets to this? Like "Member with most ratings today", "Most Funny-reated member", etc?

I've thought about it, but just haven't had time to implement anything like that.

With a huge problem being making it scale well

Not sure if this is a bug, as designed, or I've just failed to configure it correctly. I have your other conversation addons installed if that affects anything.

Ratings which are restricted (e.g. to a specific forum, to a first post only, etc) all seem to be available in conversations.

Not a particularly big deal but I thought I'd mention it.

That did it, thanks!

Selecting "Enable for first post only" strongly implies it should only show on the Post content type anyway. I'd maybe suggest if that's checked it automatically checks the Post type as well. Not a big deal though, thanks!

how did you get that to work? looks great.

Font Awesom 5 have "duotone" icons, e.g. https://fontawesome.com/v5.15/icons/acorn?style=duotone

https://fontawesome.com/v5.15/how-to-use/on-the-web/styling/duotone-icons describes how to style them and Xon's addon gives the class for each icon separately.

My extra.less then just looks like this

Code:
/* Like */
.sv-rating-type-icon1{
    --fa-primary-color: #2e4164;
    --fa-secondary-color: #f4c430;
    --fa-secondary-opacity: 1.0;
    --fa-primary-opacity: 1.0;
}

/* Agree */
.sv-rating-type-icon2{
    --fa-primary-color: #ffffff;
    --fa-secondary-color: #548d58;
}

To keep it tidy I actually put all the CSS in it's own template (rating_colors.less) and use includes to include that in extra.less but same idea.

p.s. @Xon if it's useful at all, feel free to put any of the above in the FAQ.

Add css classes to the "css icon" field and ensure the emoji/text and image url are empty;

1631413967574.png

You still need some manual css to set the primary vs secondary color however.

Cheers, I've added something based on this post to the FAQ

Last edited:
Font Awesom 5 have "duotone" icons, e.g. https://fontawesome.com/v5.15/icons/acorn?style=duotone

https://fontawesome.com/v5.15/how-to-use/on-the-web/styling/duotone-icons describes how to style them and Xon's addon gives the class for each icon separately.

My extra.less then just looks like this

Code:
/* Like */
.sv-rating-type-icon1{
    --fa-primary-color: #2e4164;
    --fa-secondary-color: #f4c430;
}

/* Agree */
.sv-rating-type-icon2{
    --fa-primary-color: #ffffff;
    --fa-secondary-color: #548d58;
}

To keep it tidy I actually put all the CSS in it's own template (rating_colors.less) and use includes to include that in extra.less but same idea.

neat. how did you settle on the colors? just random ones you liked or did you pick a style set from somewhere in particular? admittedly it seems pretty complicated to setup if you're not that handy with code. @Xon could something like this be "built-in" like a separate option to choose from?

neat. how did you settle on the colors? just random ones you liked or did you pick a style set from somewhere in particular? admittedly it seems pretty complicated to setup if you're not that handy with code. @Xon could something like this be "built-in" like a separate option to choose from?

We basically experimented a bit and iterated on feedback. The base colours are pretty much from our style with a few highlight colours.

Might be a month or two before I have the time to dig into making a UI for this sort of thing. Honestly picking colors is the hard part
more a thought for the future than anything else. for those of us less inclined to code.

We basically experimented a bit and iterated on feedback. The base colours are pretty much from our style with a few highlight colours.
well you did good

Top Bottom