Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I just downloaded the latest version of this addon and uploaded it to our site.

Straight away I got this error on every page:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '->' (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) in /home/sites/xxxxxxx/public_html/src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/Ratable.php on line 369

Any ideas?

Edit: Uploading the old files let me get back into the admin panel so I could disable the addon. I then reuploaded everything and upgraded and it seems ok now. Not sure what went wrong though?

Last edited:
It is my own independent implementation, as LukeF can still write is their own version.
I'm using the Post ratings on xf1, but I prefer some of the things about this one anyway so will hopefully be using this when I do the live upgrade.

It's working very well on my test forum, can't wait for the importer.

Reactions: Xon
I just downloaded the latest version of this addon and uploaded it to our site.

Straight away I got this error on every page:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '->' (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) in /home/sites/xxxxxxx/public_html/src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/Ratable.php on line 369

Any ideas?

Edit: Uploading the old files let me get back into the admin panel so I could disable the addon. I then reuploaded everything and upgraded and it seems ok now. Not sure what went wrong though?
My first thoughts are what version of php are you using? This add-on targets php 5.6

PHP version is fine and the addon worked fine for an earlier alpha version. It's just upgrading seemed to fail.

It's all working now so not really sure.

any live demo, please?
@NixFifty is running a demo on https://xf2.nixfifty.com

PHP version is fine and the addon worked fine for an earlier alpha version. It's just upgrading seemed to fail.

It's all working now so not really sure.
My only guess is the upgrade didn't work properly, but this doesn't explain why it was a syntax error! What version of php are you using so I can try to reproduce it.

Are there any stack traces? I really need to see the code path triggering this :(

Would it be possible to have the ratings more obviously displayed in members' profiles, e.g. a bit more like Post Ratings

FirefoxScreenshot027.webp

Currently you need to click on the menu to open it up.

FirefoxScreenshot028.webp

Perhaps a widget would be good.

PHP Version 5.6.31

I cleared all the error messages, sorry :-(
I'm actually completely baffled by how this code can break like that. This is the sort of thing where I would advise restarting php-fpm or apache and see if the madness goes away.

If this reoccurs, please record any error logs and potentially be willing to give me access so I can debug this.

Xon updated Content Ratings for XF2 with a new update entry:

0.11.1 Alpha - Feature Update

• Implement Post Rating importer support
  • Fix animation style properties (breaking change for style properties)
    • The animation style property values have been changed from unit types to numeric types to prevent 'px' units being appended. Numeric types can only be whole numbers, so the property unites have been adjusted accordingly. The duration property value is now in milliseconds and the scale property value is now a percentage.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Okay, I'll take that as a probably will be done by the end of the month, then, Thank you. ;)
I've just pushed out the first public release of the importer, I've done some small scale testing but it may have bugs.

Importer screen:
1512982419836.webp

Note; retaining content ids is meaningless for the rating importer since you access rating's via posts.

Top Bottom