Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Click to open for desktop is not working.
I select that option, but still on hover all ratings show up.

Is there an option to select not rating icon to be default one where user click/hover on it to display ratings (icon that it is not rating-icon itself, just some icon when user click/hover all ratings show up... for now, it is default like icon, but it will be nice to have an icon which is not rating-icon)
There is a global option which determines which rating type is used for the rating icon. It would be doable to add a "none" option, which you can then use css/less or style properties to add an icon.

Working, my fault.
I thought that ratings will show up only when user click on icon.
Which menu? The horizontal or vertical? The horizontal mode has a bunch of different functionality over the vertical menu.

About bar below avatar.

All my users have full bar because they only have likes, a lot of them.
How to rest that, or make bar counting other ratings too?
Or I am missing somthing?
If you adjust the style properties background color for a rating category it will change what the bar under the avatar looks like. You may need to use the sort interface (under the hamburger dropdown in the admincp's rating types page) to move ratings between categories. Categories have an option on if they are counted or not.

If users only have rating under one given category, then that is the only thing which shows up.

Note; the default "uncategorized" has limited ability to be customized and there is a global option controlling if it shows up in rating summaries (such as the bar below the avatar).

FYI but until release; there isn't any default ratings being shipped. Before release I plan to add some defaults for new setups, but this isn't a major priority compared to bugfixing and setting up for imports from the XF1 add-on Post Rating.

Which menu? The horizontal or vertical? The horizontal mode has a bunch of different functionality over the vertical menu.
The horizontal
If you adjust the style properties background color for a rating category it will change what the bar under the avatar looks like. You may need to use the sort interface (under the hamburger dropdown in the admincp's rating types page) to move ratings between categories. Categories have an option on if they are counted or not.

If users only have rating under one given category, then that is the only thing which shows up.

Note; the default "uncategorized" has limited ability to be customized and there is a global option controlling if it shows up in rating summaries (such as the bar below the avatar).

FYI but until release; there isn't any default ratings being shipped. Before release I plan to add some defaults for new setups, but this isn't a major priority compared to bugfixing and setting up for imports from the XF1 add-on Post Rating.
I did all of that. Problem is that my users have 1000+ likes (default xenforo's likes + old add on for xf1) and no new one added with your addon.
I make 3 categories wirh raings in it (positive, neutral and negative), but because users have only likes bar is complete in one color (positive).
Any chance to reset likes on forum or some other solution?

The horizontal
I'l need to double check with the latest 0.13.3 it should do that if you have the relevant option set.

I did all of that. Problem is that my users have 1000+ likes (default xenforo's likes + old add on for xf1) and no new one added with your addon.
I make 3 categories wirh raings in it (positive, neutral and negative), but because users have only likes bar is complete in one color (positive).
Any chance to reset likes on forum or some other solution?
So if I understand the issue correctly; your users have a very large number of Likes which makes other categories almost invisible.

Beyond time, you could zero out their like counts. This isn't remotely an idea issue.

@Xon
In some posts when is no rating given yet, button for "add rating" is on left side of post but should be on right side (on left side should be only given ratings list).
When user give rating, than "add rating" button add it self to right side.

post.webp
settings.webp

@Sunka as nearly always the answer to CSS problems is to add more CSS:

To align the menu on the right-hand side, but the ratings from the left hand side;

Rating Bar Style Property, replace the contents of "Freeform CSS/LESS code" field with the following:
Code:
display: flex;
justify-content: space-between;

Rating bar rate menu container Style Property, replace the contents of "Freeform CSS/LESS code" field with the following:
Code:
margin-top: 4px;
&:only-child {
  align-self: flex-end;
  margin-left: auto;
}

(Added this to the FAQ)

Is there a way to get the ratings to appear in the horizontal Rating Bar rather than as a tooltip or dropdown menu?

And is it possible to have the rating bar appear on mouseover of the message body rather than of just the Like icon?

(basically similar behaviour to Luke's Post Rating addon)

@RobParker Not at the moment, but it should just be some front-end templating work and (yet more) style properties to control it. The rating bar structure is flexible, but it getting kinda convoluted with all the options!

Widgets like that are planned as part of the 1.1.x release cycle,the focus for the 1.0.x is stabilization and missing styling options

Sounds great :-)

How far away do you consider 1.0 to be? I don't necessarily mean time-wise but how much work's left to get to 1.0? From what I can tell you could have easily called the current version 1.0 as it seems pretty stable/feature-rich.

Fairly close, there are a couple of minor features/clean up which is left to be done. For example; an option to add default 'facebook-style' collection of ratings.

The last major feature (which I completely missed) is the ability to track per-user ratings received (and import them from Post Ratings).

Latest version of this addon and latest version of xf
This error show up

Code:
Server error log
XF\Db\DuplicateKeyException: MySQL query error [1062]: Duplicate entry 'post-459372-17915' for key 'content_type_id_like_user_id' src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:212
Generated by: Pozna 14.01.2018. at 08:58
Stack trace
INSERT  INTO `xf_liked_content` (`content_type`, `content_id`, `like_user_id`, `content_user_id`, `is_counted`, `sv_rating_type_id`, `like_id`, `like_date`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(174): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1062, '23000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(69): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1062, '23000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(74): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(150): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT  INTO `x...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1381): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_liked_conten...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1113): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/XF/Repository/LikedContent.php(94): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#7 src/XF/Repository/LikedContent.php(63): XF\Repository\LikedContent->insertLike('post', 459372, Object(XFRM\XF\Entity\User), true)
#8 src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/XF/ControllerPlugin/Like.php(118): XF\Repository\LikedContent->toggleLike('post', 459372, Object(XFRM\XF\Entity\User))
#9 src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Pub/Controller/Ratings.php(100): SV\ContentRatings\XF\ControllerPlugin\Like->actionToggleRating(Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Post), '/rating/like?co...', '/posts/459372/', '/rating/list?co...')
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): SV\ContentRatings\Pub\Controller\Ratings->actionLike(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('SV\\ContentRatin...', 'Like', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(SV\ContentRatings\Pub\Controller\Ratings), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(1880): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(65) "/rating/like?content_type=post&content_id=459372&rating_type_id=7"
  ["referrer"] => string(73) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/threads/cime-se-trenutno-bavite.28712/page-284"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["/rating/like"] => string(0) ""
    ["content_type"] => string(4) "post"
    ["content_id"] => string(6) "459372"
    ["rating_type_id"] => string(1) "7"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(47) "/threads/cime-se-trenutno-bavite.28712/page-284"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

@Sunka this is actually a XenForo defect where if you "like" something twice really really fast, but is more likely to occur with Content Ratings installed.

I've added a workaround for the next version so this doesn't cause any errors

Xon updated Content Ratings for XF2 with a new update entry:

0.13.5 - Maintenance update

• Don't open tooltip on hover if open on click is enabled
  • On-hovering over an rating, the tooltip is pushed above the rating selection box.
    • This mostly impacts touch and when multiple rows of ratings can be selected
  • Suppress error if rating content multiple times rapid succession
  • New style property - Rate menu type "Inline" (ie like XF1 Post Rating)
  • New style property - "Left-align current ratings in the rating bar"
  • Reorganize style properties...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Sunka if you reset the previous changes style properties and use the "Left-align current ratings in the rating bar" style property option this is now supported out of the box.

Is there a way to get the ratings to appear in the horizontal Rating Bar rather than as a tooltip or dropdown menu?

And is it possible to have the rating bar appear on mouseover of the message body rather than of just the Like icon?

(basically similar behaviour to Luke's Post Rating addon)
Now implemented with the style property "rating menu type" set to "inline", you'll want to use the "Left-align current ratings in the rating bar" style property as well.

Top Bottom