XF 1.3 Confirmation email not sending to registered users

mcmedal001

Hello, I just got xenforo running at www.ngscholars.com/comm and I was liking it until I found out that newly registered users were not getting their email confirmation message. I tried to use one of my own emails to register and I go the following in the error log. What could be wrong please?

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to ogundimu.ahmed@gmail.com failed: Could not open socket - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277
Generated By: meadow, Today at 5:34 PM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/ngschola/public_html/comm/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(167): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_connect('ssl://mail.ngsc...')
#1 /home/ngschola/public_html/comm/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(199): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->connect()
#2 /home/ngschola/public_html/comm/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home/ngschola/public_html/comm/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/ngschola/public_html/comm/library/XenForo/Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
#5 /home/ngschola/public_html/comm/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 /home/ngschola/public_html/comm/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(136): XenForo_Mail->send('ogundimu.ahmed@...', 'meadow')
#7 /home/ngschola/public_html/comm/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/AccountConfirmation.php(103): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#8 /home/ngschola/public_html/comm/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
#9 /home/ngschola/public_html/comm/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/ngschola/public_html/comm/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "http://www.ngscholars.com/comm/account-confirmation/resend"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/comm/forums/jobs-vacancy/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I have used both default and SMTP option.

This is a failure opening the connection to your SMTP server. If it's happening consistently, you need to use a different setup (such as a different SMTP server). It may be a connectivity issue between servers, a firewall, or some sort of SSL issue.

Thank you for the quick response. What would you recommend that I do? I cannot get started with this forum knowing that visitors can register but not confirm their email. What are my options?

I assume you're on a shared server.

If the default method doesn't work, you would need to contact your host to resolve that.

In terms of SMTP, you could try a different configuration for the server you're using, if available. Contact your SMTP provider for more details. If that doesn't work, you could try a different SMTP server. Finally, you may need to contact your host if all sorts of outbound connections are being blocked.

Last resort could be a different host/different server.

Top Bottom