XF 2.1 Xenforo Email not sending

Booff

My new users of the forum cannot create an account because they are not getting an email sent.
I have tried to run the email test to myself but nothing was sent, and the email bounce log said nothing was sent either.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Solution
Yes, I am, also could this issue be related to me not yet upgrading to Xenforo 2.2.2

Contact your web host and ask them to check the email server. You should be able to go to this link to verify the email system is working correctly:

Admin control panel -> Tools -> Test outbound email
Yes, I am, also could this issue be related to me not yet upgrading to Xenforo 2.2.2

Contact your web host and ask them to check the email server. You should be able to go to this link to verify the email system is working correctly:

Solution
There is possibility you didn’t set the email details in the basic info option.
Did you get any server error after sending the email in admin panel?
The email is set in the basic options
No errors in relation to the email

Already done those tests, 3 times no emails, even checked in all mail
I'll check with my web host.

Also I would review why I am even using email validation. It's not a spam inhibitor at all, it's just an archaic hoop to jump through for your members. Unless of course you're running a business via the forum. I routinely disable all email functions.

Also I would review why I am even using email validation. It's not a spam inhibitor at all, it's just an archaic hoop to jump through for your members. Unless of course you're running a business via the forum. I routinely disable all email functions.
I would say it prevents spam, It means that people at the very least cannot just spam profanity, get banned then create a new account and spam more, it slows it down to an extent.

I would say it prevents spam, It means that people at the very least cannot just spam profanity, get banned then create a new account and spam more, it slows it down to an extent.
Way too easy to make more email accounts, it's not even that hard to change IP. Email really doesn't do much for ya.

Way too easy to make more email accounts, it's not even that hard to change IP. Email really doesn't do much for ya.
The thing is, its not mean to prevent the spam, its meant to slow it down as much as possible.

If someone wants to spam without the email, they can just log out, create a new account and spam some more, before the moderators/admins can respond, they have multiple accounts.

Email validation means that they at the very least take a few minute longer, which in turn they may get bored or just gives the moderators more time to delete these posts.

Email validation means that they at the very least take a few minute longer,
Meanwhile your valued users have this archaic hoop to jump through, and when it doesn't work (like now) or starts going straight to junk and therefore usually missed, where are you?

And when email providers start blacklisting you for too much volume, where are you then?

Meanwhile your valued users have this archaic hoop to jump through, and when it doesn't work (like now) or starts going straight to junk and therefore usually missed, where are you?

And when email providers start blacklisting you for too much volume, where are you then?
So your telling me that every website, every forum is at a disadvantage for requiring users to join with a email, I would believe these popular forums would beg to disagree.
If it goes to junk mail, simple problem this can be fixed, also I believe Xenforo has a system in place for this called the Automated bounced email handler.https://stonecraftpvp.com/admin.php?options/emailBounceHandler/email-handler-setup
Email providers blacklisting, again can be fixed by contacting these companies and clearing up the situation.

These issues are still better than someone opening 10 "Create an account" tabs for malicious purposes, writing separate details and then spamming these posts onto the forums, all under 10 minutes.
What if someone forgets the password, then what, they lose their account and have to start anew?

I'm gonna be honest here, we are both sitting on our own views and bickering over it isn't going to change either of our own views, lets just agree to disagree and call it there.

So your telling me that every website, every forum is at a disadvantage for requiring users to join with a email,
Certainly not. I merely state as I originally said - that perhaps it could do with some evaluation. I'm not "bickering" I am merely presenting an idea.

Of course you should do what you think is best. I think it's best to not have members in limbo due to the vagaries of email. It's merely experience and philosophy.

What if someone forgets the password, then what
To clarify, I never said new registrants shouldn't enter their email address upon registration. I am saying I do not use the email validation. If one of my members forgets his password he can get the password reset if he has access to the email address he provided upon registration.

If your board isn't sending emails, like you're saying is happening - then those emails for password reset won't be sent either. So definitely as I said, you want to fix this problem. Meanwhile i would busy myself validating all members in limbo and disable validation until you get this fixed.

To clarify, I never said new registrants shouldn't enter their email address upon registration. I am saying I do not use the email validation. If one of my members forgets his password he can get the password reset if he has access to the email address he provided upon registration.

If your board isn't sending emails, like you're saying is happening - then those emails for password reset won't be sent either. So definitely as I said, you want to fix this problem. Meanwhile i would busy myself validating all members in limbo and disable validation until you get this fixed.
My Apologies, It just looked like you were trying to say no email is the only valid way to go and I was refuting your points with my own and then you refuted my points, similar to how an argument would go.

With disabling validation, I'm still on the fence about doing it temporary instead of trying to get the email fixed.

Okay I fixed the problem, the issue was that the email was getting blocked by the hosting company.
Fixed by creating an email through the Cpanel of the hosting.

Thanks everybody for the help.

My new users of the forum cannot create an account because they are not getting an email sent.
I had the same problem many times in the past, with different websites using different scripts (not only forum scripts). Unless if PHP function mail() is disabled by your hosting provider, here are the most common reasons that your email are not deliver to your members:
  • Your domain is a new registration and thus still does not have a reputation. Mail servers like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, most probably will mark them as spam.
  • Your DNS records are not completed. eg SPF, DMARC Policy etc are missing
  • Your Email (or IP) is already in Blacklist.
You can do some tests at:

https://tools.dnsstuff.com/

As underline notice, dealing with emails, is a hell.

Top Bottom