XF 2.1 Xenforo Email not sending

Booff

My new users of the forum cannot create an account because they are not getting an email sent.
I have tried to run the email test to myself but nothing was sent, and the email bounce log said nothing was sent either.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Solution
Yes, I am, also could this issue be related to me not yet upgrading to Xenforo 2.2.2

Contact your web host and ask them to check the email server. You should be able to go to this link to verify the email system is working correctly:

Admin control panel -> Tools -> Test outbound email
I had the same problem many times in the past, with different websites using different scripts (not only forum scripts). Unless if PHP function mail() is disabled by your hosting provider, here are the most common reasons that your email are not deliver to your members:
  • Your domain is a new registration and thus still does not have a reputation. Mail servers like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, most probably will mark them as spam.
  • Your DNS records are not completed. eg SPF, DMARC Policy etc are missing
  • Your Email (or IP) is already in Blacklist.
You can do some tests at:

https://tools.dnsstuff.com/

As underline notice, dealing with emails, is a hell.
Thanks for the info, I will keep it close in case this ever happens again.

Also I would review why I am even using email validation. It's not a spam inhibitor at all, it's just an archaic hoop to jump through for your members. Unless of course you're running a business via the forum. I routinely disable all email functions.
Also I would review why I am even using email validation. It's not a spam inhibitor at all, it's just an archaic hoop to jump through for your members. Unless of course you're running a business via the forum. I routinely disable all email functions.

I would say it prevents spam, It means that people at the very least cannot just spam profanity, get banned then create a new account and spam more, it slows it down to an extent.

The thing is, its not mean to prevent the spam, its meant to slow it down as much as possible.

If someone wants to spam without the email, they can just log out, create a new account and spam some more, before the moderators/admins can respond, they have multiple accounts.

Email validation means that they at the very least take a few minute longer, which in turn they may get bored or just gives the moderators more time to delete these posts.
I agree with @Booff.

By setting a couple of other opetions, like requiring admin approval for the first 5 posts and blacklisting certain IPs using the ban email option in ACP, this does take a bit more time but it also does cut down on quite a number of spam posts going public.

Top Bottom