config.php and PHP 5.5 OP Cache (Zend OPcache)

It's an opcache and not a filecache

You can't configure here anything for the application.

Last edited:
I got much better results with xCache and PHP 5.4 than PHP 5.5 + ZO.
PHP 5.5 was pretty buggy on my hand. I guess something with Litespeed, but I didn't care much to investigate that.

Thanks for your help :) I need to know more about caching procedures :)

I tried the zend opcode cache on a new server just to see what it does to Vbulletin but I am really not impressed. It might just be my own lack of understanding/knowledge but the end result was that APC is doing a lot better for me.

I am using php 5.3.26 and APC 3.1.13

And this is what it does to xenforo installed on this server : http://www.webpagetest.org/result/130818_AZ_GRP/

Also this is with apc.stat turned on as I have some wordpress running on the same server. I am not sure how would xenforo behave with apc.stat turned off but if it doesnt break then that would reduce the page load times even furthur.

Not bad right?

Zend opcache is not a replacement for APC. You would need something like a memcached to go with zend opcode cache. APC does a lot more then what zend opcode cache does because zend opcode is purely an opcode cache and nothing beyond that.

Zend opcode will use a lot more memory as compared to APC to achieve similar performance and also zend wont cache data which APC does for you.

Also zend will restart again and again after a certain time which APC doesnt have to. Zend opcode does not reuse the memory slots and keeps burning new land to cultivate :) Its still in its nomadic days. APC does a lot better job with very little. When zend opcode refreshes itself once the memory has exausted there are a few moments when your site's performance would take a hit. APC wont do that if you have piped logging turned on and dont need apache to restart every two hours for bandwidth logs (thats default for cpanel installs).

I would appreciate if someone could correct me if I am wrong.

Top Bottom