Competitions for XenForo [Deleted]

Looks good Chris. One suggestion. Can you please add "Exclude Permissions" so I can exclude people with the selected usergroups? It's much easier to manage.

Looks good Chris. One suggestion. Can you please add "Exclude Permissions" so I can exclude people with the selected usergroups? It's much easier to manage.
If you are talking about the usergroup view and enter permissions in the Restrictions & Conditions tab of an individual competition (I assume you are), then why not just click the Select all tickbox at the bottom and then untick the ones you don't want to enter?
Untitled-1.webp

Well all of my members are "Registered Members" with sub groups. So if I unchecked say "Special Group 1" and "Registered" is still checked wouldn't they still have access?

I wanna get this so bad....gotta wait next month though till I get my allowance.

My dad has a problem with paying for stuff with a different currency. Is there anyway we can do it through USD?

On google it says 25 GBP is 39.83 USD

Doesn't paypal automatically convert it to your currency, and calculate it upon checkout?

Well all of my members are "Registered Members" with sub groups. So if I unchecked say "Special Group 1" and "Registered" is still checked wouldn't they still have access?
Right, so you would untick Registered and tick those specific groups which you *do* want to be able to enter.
I have set up usergroups so they are called member 1 (registered), member 2, member 3 etc. Everyone has member 1 as their primary usergroup. People have to get a few likes to advance to member 2 where they then get permission to have signatures etc. All usergroups 'above' member 2 also have member 2 as a secondary group.
That's why in the video, I ticked member 2 only to enter competitions in order to block member 1 from entering, but allow everyone else.

Hi, I purchased your add-on and I must say it works fine, even though I'm a noob with Xenforo.
I'm so much of a noob that I couldn't understand where to put this :
Code:
<xen:include template="avforums_competitions_sidebar" />
Because I use the Widget Framework and I don't see the thumbnail appear or the details on the home page.
Could you explain how to solve this issue. Sorry for asking
I use the Social style
Anyway, your add-on is awesome ! ;)

Go to Admin CP > Appearance > Add Widget. Use these settings:

Renderer: Advanced Template Without Wrapper
Template: avforums_competitions_sidebar
Position: forum_list (or wherever else you want it)

Set a display order and set it to Active, and it will appear. You need to also make sure it's set up in Admin CP > Options > Competitions.

@Chris Deeming could you add to this, before they are entered into the contest, they need to complete steps the add-on checks for completed, like like us on facebook and retweet this?

Last edited:
Suggestion has already been made but can't give any indication when or if something like that would be included. As you know, aside from AVForums I have my Gallery and some even older projects I need to give attention to.

Oh I missed the suggestion :) Thinking of buying this to offer a hosting give away contest, But I'd like everyone to like, share & retweet the contest to enter.

Last edited:
The price probably will increase as features are added, naturally :)

But we will probably give plenty of warning...

(About an hour should do it ;))

Chris Deeming updated Competitions for XenForo with a new update entry:

Couple of small bug fixes

1. A server error was shown if a crop area was not selected on the thumbnail tab. It's worth noting that you will get much better results if you do use the built in crop tool to crop the thumbnail (to avoid a stretched image).
  2. PNG's uploaded had their transparency replaced with black. This is now replaced with white (after the image has been edited and saved).
  3. Additionally, the Install class now blocks the install of the add-on on any version of XenForo before XenForo 1.2.0. (The...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Go to Admin CP > Appearance > Add Widget. Use these settings:

Renderer: Advanced Template Without Wrapper
Template: avforums_competitions_sidebar
Position: forum_list (or wherever else you want it)

Set a display order and set it to Active, and it will appear. You need to also make sure it's set up in Admin CP > Options > Competitions.
Works perfectly ! Thanks ;)

Works perfectly ! Thanks ;)
Want to share a screenshot of your competition? I'd like to see how you're using it.
Is there any option to "reselect" a winner? If for example, the winner who entered didn't abide by the terms?
Rob I deliberately wanted to make it so that people couldn't enter unless they met the terms. Hence the optional age and location restrictions. What other terms do you have in mind?

Rob I deliberately wanted to make it so that people couldn't enter unless they met the terms. Hence the optional age and location restrictions. What other terms do you have in mind?

We were thinking of running a competition for a prize which would be quite expensive to post outside the UK but didn't want to fully exclude our non-UK users so had planned to say something like "any entrants from outside the UK agree to pay any additional postage costs should they win". If we do that though, I can see some people ignoring it, hence the redrawing option would be potentially useful.

Top Bottom