Not a bug Common and Annoying Quote Bug

DRE

I've noticed, not just with my posts but with other people's posts, their sentences start out then get cut at the beginning of their sentence, then follows the actual quote and reply.

quoteannoying.webp

You haven't explained how to reproduce the bug.

If you're just typing before the quote gets loaded, then that's rather expected, as the quote is inserted (intentionally) at your cursor.

You haven't explained how to reproduce the bug.

If you're just typing before the quote gets loaded, then that's rather expected, as the quote is inserted (intentionally) at your cursor.
Yeah thats what I'm doing. Isn 't there another way to load the quote then?

How quick are you people for this to be a problem? I consider myself to be very quick while using websites and computers in general, yet I've never triggered this problem before. I click reply, then I type. You guys must be typing almost as you're clicking the Reply button o_O

Yeah thats what I'm doing. Isn 't there another way to load the quote then?
I can't even replicate this problem unless I'm already typing when I hit reply.

I mean there's a fraction of a second for the javascript to do its thing - but it needs some processing time.

It's official. You guys are quicker than Javascript :D

How quick are you people for this to be a problem? I consider myself to be very quick while using websites and computers in general, yet I've never triggered this problem before. I click reply, then I type. You guys must be typing almost as you're clicking the Reply button o_O
Test

I tried typing as fast I could just now when replying to your post and it didn't happen.

I think that this 'bug' is triggered when the quote being loaded is lagged.

Although it may not always do it, it does it occasionally and when it happens it's annoying.

If there's any lag though it's going to be caused by your bowser, connection or some connection problem server side all of which are variables that can't be fixed. I can see how it would be annoying though. Personally, it's never happened to me.

The only solution would be for the text input box to be disabled until the javascript has finished doing what it needs to do. But then that could be equally annoying because you're then potentially typing stuff while the editor is disabled.

The only solution would be for the text input box to be disabled until the javascript has finished doing what it needs to do. But then that could be equally annoying because you're then potentially typing stuff while the editor is disabled.
Not necessarily... the moment you're clicking the Reply link, you're not typing anything, so disabling the editor for the second it takes to load the quote shouldn't be that problematic.

Top Bottom