XF 1.0 Cleaning-Up Spam

The proliferation of human-backed CAPTCHA breakers and all manner of other means to break through anti-robot protection on forums means that spam prevention systems must now be joined with spam clean-up utilities.

With this in mind, XenForo introduces the Spam Cleaner - a one-stop shop for quickly and easily dealing with spam that has made it onto your forum.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

It's up to you what else you do with spammers.

The Spam Cleaner won't do any of the actions you have mentioned.

You could always create a new user group with the user title "Spammer" and move them into it.

I am getting flooded with Spam-account registrations on my Forum now.

Does XenForo have any plans to include something like "StopForumSpam" or any other services in order to automatically check spammer IP`s or spammer e-mails ?
I am wondering whether I should install any third-party add-ons to better check IP addresses and spam-accounts, because it is quite a lot of work to check e-mails and IP-address manually whether those are spam or not. And doing it manually by checking e-mails on Google, etc. is probably not effective at all.

What would you recommend is the best to do ?

Thanks!

I have a few questions, please:

- Can the "check spammer's IP" be done automatically for all members or do I need to do this manually for each member? I would like to figure out which users have double-accounts.

- we have the ability to enter IP-addresses for "Discouraged IP" and "Banned IP". IS there also a chance to enter "Discouraged e-mail-address" and "Banned e-mail-address" ?

- When cleaning all messages by a spammer, then his Profile-posts on his very own profile are getting "deleted from public view" which is fine. However, the very same post is still showing up within "Recent Activities" at the user-profile-page......... I would imagine this needs to be deleted as well ?

I would like to figure out which users have double-accounts.
A third party modification is the best way to do this. An example: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/multiple-account-detection.6373/
Used in conjunction with Jaxel's: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenutiles-tools.9754/ and get yourself listed with SFS/FSL/BS getting yourself API keys for each.

we have the ability to enter IP-addresses for "Discouraged IP" and "Banned IP". IS there also a chance to enter "Discouraged e-mail-address" and "Banned e-mail-address" ?
Discouragement works best with logged in accounts, so that'd be "username".
A discouraged IP will work with IPs hitting your board without being logged in.
I can't see how email addresses are going to work in this fashion, since the user would have to be logged in to get an email trace.

A third party modification is the best way to do this. An example: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/multiple-account-detection.6373/
Used in conjunction with Jaxel's: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenutiles-tools.9754/ and get yourself listed with SFS/FSL/BS getting yourself API keys for each.

Discouragement works best with logged in accounts, so that'd be "username".
A discouraged IP will work with IPs hitting your board without being logged in.
I can't see how email addresses are going to work in this fashion, since the user would have to be logged in to get an email trace.

StopForumSpam.com is also checking the IP and E-Mail-address.

This is smart.. but process is bit long..
We should a SPAM link in Profile page under POSTING.. just like we are seeing it in actuall thread.. therefore we do not have to go to the content..
Also a lil spam link on Member Card would be nice as well...

I hope you will consider this suggestion.

Very Nice,

I have one request, Is it possible to download this video as i have slow internet connection. So i will download this video and i can check it at once. Please let me know how can i download this video?

I can't using cleaning-Up spam

Code:
The following error occurred:
The server did not respond in time. Please try again.
I have tons of trolls and the same problem, it's desesperating, I have tried to modify the my.cnf as stated in another thread with no success.

I have tons of trolls and the same problem, it's desesperating, I have tried to modify the my.cnf as stated in another thread with no success.
This might because of server's performance if there are too many posts that need to be processed.

You know that when you're going to set up things on Cloudflare that cloudflare also stops spamming there is not really an system needed as it whas claimed that Cloudflare stops spamming.

You know that when you're going to set up things on Cloudflare that cloudflare also stops spamming there is not really an system needed as it whas claimed that Cloudflare stops spamming.
If I understand you correctly you are saying: "If CloudFlare stops spam then why does there need to be a spam cleaner?" I wholeheartedly disagree with this claim for several reasons: 1) Not everyone uses CloudFlare and 2) CloudFlare can not possibly hope to stop all spam attacks and so when one does slip by CloudFlare's anti-spam service then you will need a tool to remove it.

Top Bottom