Duplicate Check outdated (and new) style properties

Kintaro

Like "outdate templates" I would like to have "outdate style properties".

To know what style properties are added or deleted* from the old style version.

*only if customized

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Style properties that or added or deleted aren't outdated, in the same way that new templates or deleted templates aren't outdated (and therefore aren't flagged as such).

In the case of new and deleted templates, XenForo is very good at documenting these when there is a new update. Add-on developers should do the same (and some do, though admittedly some do not) for both new and deleted templates as well as new and deleted style properties.

Style properties that or added or deleted aren't outdated, in the same way that new templates or deleted templates aren't outdated (and therefore aren't flagged as such).

In the case of new and deleted templates, XenForo is very good at documenting these when there is a new update. Add-on developers should do the same (and some do, though admittedly some do not) for both new and deleted templates as well as new and deleted style properties.

While ideally stylers/add-on devs should keep track of these things sometimes we'll update a ton of properties on a style update. When we added global fonts/border-radius to our properties we went through every style and changed a ton of things (hundreds). If a user customized one of these properties on their end having the ability to see an outdated property would be an excellent option rather than checking every single property 1 by 1.

Any who this suggestion does exist:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/outdated-style-properties.54886/

While ideally stylers/add-on devs should keep track of these things sometimes we'll update a ton of properties on a style update. When we added global fonts/border-radius to our properties we went through every style and changed a ton of things (hundreds). If a user customized one of these properties on their end having the ability to see an outdated property would be an excellent option rather than checking every single property 1 by 1.
exactly
whopss!!

Any who this suggestion does exist:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/outdated-style-properties.54886/

Checking for outdated style properties would be great (I have liked the suggestion), I have come across this issue a few times with the style I use after updates.

What I was clarifying for the OP was that new and deleted style properties aren't technically outdated, just as new and deleted templates aren't outdated. Now of course if there was some way to flag up when a new style property had been added, that would be useful.

Checking for outdated style properties would be great (I have liked the suggestion), I have come across this issue a few times with the style I use after updates.

What I was clarifying for the OP was that new and deleted style properties aren't technically outdated, just as new and deleted templates aren't outdated. Now of course if there was some way to flag up when a new style property had been added, that would be useful.

Completely skimmed over his new/deleted portion.

I think what you're basically saying @Martok is that any template or property that isn't default (part of the master style) it wouldn't show outdated anyhow?

I think what you're basically saying @Martok is that any template or property that isn't default (part of the master style) it wouldn't show outdated anyhow?
I'm saying that a template that is added that didn't exist before, or a template that existed and is deleted doesn't show up as outdated, irrelevant of whether it's a default XenForo template or not. So for example when I install an add-on that adds a bunch of templates, they don't show as being outdated (they aren't, they are new). Or if I update an add-on and it adds some more templates (of its own) and deletes a few, they don't show as outdated (they aren't, they are just gone). It's the same with XenForo too.

Add-on templates will show outdated if you have edited one and that template is updated during a new version.

It won't overwrite or remove a edited template.

I should mention, style properties have no history so at this time there isn't a way to track properties other than it has been edited.

Add-on templates will show outdated if you have edited one and that template is updated during a new version.

It won't overwrite or remove a edited template.
I know. :) I think you may not be understanding my explanation (which I was originally trying to clarify to the OP).

Outdated templates are, as you say, existing templates that have been edited (by the admin) and the template is updated in a new version (of XenForo or an add-on).
Outdated templates are not brand new templates that didn't exist at all before a new version (or new install) but do exist afterwards.
Outdated templates are not deleted templates that existed before a new version (or an uninstallation) and don't exist afterwards.

The OP was asking for "outdate style properties" for style properties that were added or deleted. As such, these wouldn't be outdated, they are new or they are deleted, just in the same as templates as explained above.

Top Bottom