XF 2.2 I am totally confused about Outdated Templates after upgrade

vicos

Appreciate if someone can help me understand these issues. My goal is just to get the outstanding templates updated so everything works as it should.

Version: 2.2.8 Patch 1

Outdated Templates: PAGE_CONTAINER, thread_view

3rd Party Addons: @Siropu Ads Manager; @Ozzy47 Social Groups; s9e/MediaSites

I am using a template set which is essentially a child/clone of the default template set. The changes I made myself are very minimal.

When I look at Template Modifications, I see that each of the 3 Addons above have impacted the affected Outdated Templates. I assume that since I see them here in Template Modifications that the developers did things the "right" way and using the Automatic Merge will not overwrite the Addon additions and cause them not to work properly?

Also, when I click on one of the Template names in outdated templates, say PAGE_CONTAINER, it shows me the current template. When I click on View Custom Changes, what is being compared here?

Appreciate your help!

Last edited:
Solution
OK, so I did the automatic merge and I ended up right back where I started. AS I noted before, any changes I made were nothing more than adding a few meta tags to <head>, so I have no idea why such difficulty. When I look at "View Custom Changes" for a particular template, they are nothing I added.

If I revert, what am I reverting to? a master copy stored in the DB?
OK, so I did the automatic merge and I ended up right back where I started. AS I noted before, any changes I made were nothing more than adding a few meta tags to <head>, so I have no idea why such difficulty. When I look at "View Custom Changes" for a particular template, they are nothing I added.

Last edited:
Solution
OK, so I did the automatic merge
so I have no idea why such difficulty
What difficulty?

That's what the merge system is for and it sounds like it worked exactly as designed.

In the vast majority of cases, clicking merge after an upgrade will resolve outdated templates.

The master copy which ships with XF, without any customisations you have made.

What difficulty?

What I mean is: I made a few simple lines of change to the template which will not automatically merge. Yet when I view the "View Custom Changes" the changes are shown are not ones I made.

I am trying to understand where these mystery changes came from which are causing the difficulty in automatically merging the templates.

Top Bottom