XF 2.2 There are templates that may be outdated. Click here to review them.

ForumExplorer

So I'm getting this error on my Admin Dashboard "There are templates that may be outdated. Click here to review them."

When I see what "outdated template" it's talking about it's the extra.less template for the child theme of the theme for my forum.

All the updates to that template are as I want them so I don't need anything merged.

Is there a way to disable this notice?

Customized templates become outdated when their last update was before the last update of the template they're based on, as these cannot incorporate the most recent changes. These templates should be updated to ensure that the latest features and bug fixes work as expected. If you are using a third-party style, you may be able to install a new version to update your templates.

Forum Explorers
extra.less
Custom version: Parent version: 2.2.9

I click Automatic Merge and this comes up: All automatically mergeable templates have been processed. Any remaining templates will need to be manually processed.

But it doesn't fix the annoying message on my Admin Dashboard.

Copy the template contents to notepad or some other text editor.

Revert the template.

Copy the contents back to the template and save.

I click Automatic Merge and this comes up: All automatically mergeable templates have been processed. Any remaining templates will need to be manually processed.
I get this a lot and it is annoying.

It's usually my fault and I find it quite confusing - usually the above works.

It depends on whether you want the changes to parent to affect the child. After click on automatically merge and there are childs nagging at you then clicking on merge for that template it shows with highlight in yellow the reason for the nag. It's either resolve with parent, child or both. If you resolve with child then that is what you want in this case (but as above could have just reverted by copying and pasting.

Although it's annoying I kind of like the fact that it flags and informs you that something may be ambiguous. Often we want some changes to affect the child and others not.

Only in the parent if the child inherits from it.
That must be what I'm doing wrong as I have the child inherit from the parent but only doing the changes in the child.

So all changes are meant to be done in the parent instead of the child?

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

Top Bottom