Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Just bought and installed this chat! Loving it!! Quick question from a complete noob in xenforo, can you change the color on the chat bar to any color? It blends way to much with my theme. Some of my users are old men like myself, so the eyesight isn't prima.

Just bought and installed this chat! Loving it!! Quick question from a complete noob in xenforo, can you change the color on the chat bar to any color? It blends way to much with my theme. Some of my users are old men like myself, so the eyesight isn't prima.
You can edit it via extra.css

@Siropu suggestion: when you click a notification of a post in chat you are tagged in it would be great if it didn't trust bring up that one post and showed a few before and after it as well. Often it is mentioned in a conversation and it would be nice to have quick access to it all. Maybe just pull up the archive page with the tag so you can see it all?

How do I set up whisper? Members are seeing other members whisper ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-02-19-59-28.webp
    Screenshot_2015-09-02-19-59-28.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 9
@Brad P , if i am not mistaken, change the permission settings.
View whispers: 1 * *
Read whispers: * * *
i've set the permission for my regular users to view whispers, and the moderators to read whispers.

@Brad P , if i am not mistaken, change the permission settings.
View whispers: 1 * *
Read whispers: * * *
i've set the permission for my regular users to view whispers, and the moderators to read whispers.
Thanks mate. So your set up is that members can whisper another but others regualr members can't read them only staff?

Indeed, that is atleast how i have understood the permission on the chat. Problem is, i only have 2 users in the chat at any given time, so i haven't properly tested if setting the regular to view and not read, and staff to view and read is the right way to do it. You probably got a bigger userbase to test this on :P

Yea, i made a couple of test users..
To be able to whisper you need the permission: Use /whisper command.
To see that someone whispers, you need the permission: View whispers.
To see what someone whispers, you need the permission: Read whispers.
Can you confirm this @Siropu?

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

New Feature, Improvements & Bug Fixes

Version 1.18.0 comes with a new cool feature called "Bot Responses" which allows you to set keywords that can trigger auto responses by chat bot.

At the moment this works with exact keywords but I'm planing to expand it in the future.

Improvements
  1. Mobile mode is now more compact. The chat editor will be hidden until you click on the text input box.
  2. When you view a reported message, there will also be displayed the last 5 messages posted before that reported message....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Top Bottom