Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hi Siropu.

I'm on 1.25.0 RC3 and both users and admins experience and issue where using the /quit or /leave command in private rooms causes them to initially leave the room, but if they refresh the page, they are placed back in the room. The only way to leave the room is to use the drop down in the who's chatting list.

This happens on any theme with any level of account permissions.

Try this:
Go to siropu_chat_js template and replace this:
Code:
$(document).on('click', '.siropuChatForumActivityBot .internalLink', function(e) {
With:
Code:
$(document).on('click', '.internalLink', function(e) {

Thanks for this! A few visitors on my site were becoming frustrated when they accidentally closed the chat from clicking on an internal forum link - so this ought to keep them happy. :)

Hey Siropu,

I'm having an issue on one of my forums where the chat is causing some extreme lag and memory usage errors in XenForo. After disabling the chat it seems the forum returns to normal. Has anyone else experienced this and what are some of the best ways to curb memory usage?

I've responded to your support ticket. The memory error comes from XenForo's bbcode formatter and it's probably because there are too many messages or too lengthy.

@Siropu just a quick question about uploading images. I know that in the user group permissions I can control image uploads. I have the archive set to delete any messages older than 60 days, but the images don't expire. Is there a way to have the images expire and prune? If not, where are images stored? I want to limit how much storage is reserved for images used in the chat. TIA!

@marquisite, if a user doesn't have archive access, then there's no point in sending the alert because user won't be able too see the tagged message if there are too many messages after it in the chat window. In the next release I will do a check to see if user has archive permissions before sending alert.

In the future could there be a way to directly display a tagged message even without view archive permissions? Perhaps something with an Xenforo overlay like what I've mocked up in the attached image ? :)

siropuchat-mentioned-without-archive-permission.webp

Another way to show tagged messages without archive permission might be 'limited' archive access where the keyword field is unavailable and auto set to '@[username]', where [username] is the person's forum username.

Last edited:
Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

This is the final release, which fixes all known bugs.

If you are upgrading from 1.24.x or lower, please disable the add-on before uploading all the files and starting the upgrade process. If you have outdated chat templates, make sure you revert them back.

P.S. The Chat for XenForo 1.x is now on feature freeze and no new features will be added until version 2.0 for XenForo 2.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

Really like the chat module, it's the best I've used to date.

I do have a feature request, it appears to be simple so hopefully can be an easy add. I'd like this setting to be able to be zero, currently it seems to be locked at 5 (see below).
Capture.webp

Essentially I'd like any new people entering the chat not to see any of the old messages.

Top Bottom