Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
If you have the permission to change display mode from chat user settings, it will overwrite the admin option.

I have a small request:
Could you please make the time of chat archive entries clickable and link to the same entry but in full view?
This would save a lot of time. In many cases someone tells me of a chat issue which I can locate by filtering for the member name. Next I need to see the full chat log starting at that time. To do so I need to browse all pages until I find the time. Often these are dozens of pages. It would be really handy if I could just click on a link and see the correct location in the chat log.

If the chat report function is used then I can see a bit before and after the reported chat but in most cases the issue goes on after, so I also need to browse through pages.

Another benefit would be that we can link to a chat log entry, which is useful for staff discussion.

Last edited:
I have a small request:
Could you please make the time of chat archive entries clickable and link to the same entry but in full view?
This would save a lot of time. In many cases someone tells me of a chat issue which I can locate by filtering for the member name. Next I need to see the full chat log starting at that time. To do so I need to browse all pages until I find the time. Often these are dozens of pages. It would be really handy if I could just click on a link and see the correct location in the chat log.

If the chat report function is used then I can see a bit before and after the reported chat but in most cases the issue goes on after, so I also need to browse through pages.

Another benefit would be that we can link to a chat log entry, which is useful for staff discussion.

A million times this. @Siropu , I know you said the add-on is on a feature freeze until XF 1.x is done with, but it would be awesome to have something like this. It would make the archive function a lot more useful than it currently is.

As it is, with how many pages of browsing are required trying to get more insight into what the chat report function provides, our staff often just finds it easier to either just gloss over minor stuff, or be more heavy handed than would be necessary depending on how hard it is to get to the full logs covering the situation.

And if you feel that adding this would be too big of a feature when you're already on a feature freeze, please please make overhauling the archive function to be more functional a priority whenever your chat system moves on to whatever it will be once XF 2.x is released. I can't think of a single "backroom" feature for the addon that would make my life and my staff's easier than more robust archive functionality.

Sorry for asking this question, could be childish one but I want to know as this will be my first paid addon in here.
Is this one time payment only and updates are free for first year? Or I have to renew everywhere the license?

This is my first Addon for XF I purchased and its amazing, it does what it says, very well written:)
I wonder how I can show the chat box only on the front page and not on all other pages. My chat display mode is Above Content

Users can change the display mode from their settings if they have the permission. It's a user group permission.

I think i messed up my chat settings , Now whenever i write a new message all the older messages are removed from the view .

I was wondering if someone can share a clear image of the chat default settings .

I think i messed up my chat settings , Now whenever i write a new message all the older messages are removed from the view .
"Window maximum messages display" option needs to be at least double the value of "Database maximum messages display" option.

@DieselMinded, I don't know about that. I'm into XF only now. :)

Top Bottom