Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Quick Quesiton.

Is there a EXTRA.css I can use that will add a space gap between the bottom of the chat box and the top of the forum headers? See below how there is no gap at all

wnaCAGy.png

Set bottom margin in chat style properties for "Container".

Please add conditionals to popup for Help in top of the chat box. So that users see only helps that they have permission to use it.
Now Guests has no permission to use any command, but when they click on Help, they see full text, explaining all commands and way of using them.

and its worse for users. They click on that Help, and see the helps and try to use them in chat and get no result and again repeat it multiple times ;)

Yes I agree. It doesn't make sense to me (or several members on my site) to list an unavailable command and then tell someone at the end which ones they can actually use.

I've changed this behaviour and you can too by editing the template siropu_chat_help. All you need to do is scroll down to the unordered list with id siropuChatPermisions, and copy the <xen:if> conditional tag for each command and wrap them around the relevant <div>. Once doing this it makes the siropuChatPermissions unordered list surplus so you can surround that with <xen:comment> tags or just erase it. So for example, the first command (/me) would be (first/last line added):
Code:
       <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.siropu_chat_me_command_enabled} AND {$visitor.permissions.siropu_chat.meCommand}">
           <div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote">
               <aside>
                   <div class="attribution type">/me</div>
                   <blockquote class="quoteContainer">
                       <div class="quote">{xen:phrase siropu_chat_help_me_command_explain, 'name={$visitor.username}'}</div>
                   </blockquote>
               </aside>
           </div>
       </xen:if>

My members used to individually be able to choose where the chat window displayed, sidebar, above threads etc; since I updated today that facility seems to be missing. Is there a setting I'm missing?

How do you start a private chat? On your website there's a private chat tab, but on mine it's just the normal chat room and I can't find any way to start a private chat with a user of my choice. Am I missing something? Thanks :)

Alerts generated for being tagged in chat include link to the Chat Archive even if the recipient does not have permission to view the archive. Could this be altered to not create the hyperlink on "chat message" for those who won't be able to view it, e.g. with the userHasPermission('viewArchive')) helper? :)

How do you start a private chat? On your website there's a private chat tab, but on mine it's just the normal chat room and I can't find any way to start a private chat with a user of my choice. Am I missing something? Thanks :)
Enable private chatting and set up the permissions.

@marquisite, if a user doesn't have archive access, then there's no point in sending the alert because user won't be able too see the tagged message if there are too many messages after it in the chat window. In the next release I will do a check to see if user has archive permissions before sending alert.

@Siropu An alert could still be handy if somebody is browsing the forum at the time of the alert. A new permission setting that gives a user restricted access to the chat archive would be cool ... e.g. only tagged messages. Or perhaps a smaller date range user group permission? For example I might configure 60 days of chat to be retained but with this new user group permission only allow the basic "Registered" user group to see the last 24 hours (1 day), while enabling moderators to view the whole 60 days? Just ideas... :)

Top Bottom