Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
@Siropu how do i make it to where the automated postings like new members and threads doesny have a bot name before it?

i tried leaving the bot name blank but it still had the ":"

x.webp

Last edited:
Yes, I don't see any issues on Chrome and Firefox. Please try other browsers and see if it still happens.

I haven't commented on this thread for a year, and I can't find any mention of what I'm about to suggest (so apologies if it's already been said).

One thing that absolutely annoys me about the search function for the chat archive is that you can't see the context of search results. For example, if I searched for "apple" in chat archive the following results might appear:

WorkHorse98: I like Apples!
deathbylight: Take a look at Apples' "I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC." advertisements.
SupertastychEese69Xx: Clearly peaches taste better than apples.

This result shows me messages that contain the word "apple" in them, but what if I wanted to see the context of this message: "Take a look at Apples' "I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC." advertisements." I'd have to look at the date the message was sent, scroll through the pages until I find that date and time, then locate the message on the page. This takes quite a while to do, especially if you have a very active chat. What I want to be able to do, is to click on a message and then be linked to the location of that message in the archive, then I can read the messages that came before and after it. Would be super helpful for moderation purposes.

Sorry if this has been asked before - I searched through 20 pages and couldnt see it.

This is how I want to run the chat -

A room that all members can see that would be called - "Ask the staff" this would be available to everybody and is a method to ask forum related questions of the staff.

Then have rooms that would be usergroup specific..

As far as I can see I have "General Chat" - this would be the room that I open to all but would need to edit it to read "Ask the staff" how do I edit the General Chat room ??

There is a user group permission for it.
have enabled colours under the permission .
but i dont see the option in the chat
790aaffac8.png

9fd72296bc.png

A quick update: Development is going great and the next version will have some new features and improvements. I don't have an ETA yet because some things are taking more time than expected. :)

How can i edit the title of the chat box with out messing up the chat link the the nav bar...

6.webp

I edited phrase: siropu_chat

with:
Code:
<span style="font-weight: bold; color: black;">Members Public Chat and
Site Activity Notifications</span>

and it made the chat title how i want it but it messed up the link in the navbar

Top Bottom