Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hey Siropu,

Is there any way to edit the whisper function to not require square brackets for usernames? So instead of /whisper [username], simply /whisper username would work?

If not, is it possible to change the brackets to a different character?

There isn't a way, but you don't need to type whisper commands manually. You have the option in the chatters list for each user and when sending whispers, you can click the (Whisper) text in the message to send a whisper to the same recipients.

Yeah, I know all the different ways to currently use the whisper command. My users just prefer to type it out and are used to a different chat we've used in another community for years where the whisper command didn't use any special characters around usernames. Not a huge deal, was just checking to see if there was a small tweak I could do for quality of life so to speak. I'll just tell them to quit whining, thanks for the response!

Last edited:
You have no idea how much love would be heaped upon you if you added dice! The RPG community is aching for a way to have dice functionality as we run combats. Hopefully you do indeed add that--I'd be a happy GM!

Here's an idea for you. There's the bot responses you can use. I have it set up on my forum and it works great.

Create a bot with the trigger for what dice you want. For example: Rolld20 (this would be for a 20 sided die roll)

For the responses, just add a line response for 1 through 20. The responses are pretty random so it's effective in giving you a varied roll every time.

So someone in chat could post Rolld20 and the chatbot will return a number, you can even have the bot tag the member with it.

Do this for as many die as you want and boom, you've got a pretty effective dice bag in your chat.

You need to start waaaay back with 'create a bot'. I am a beginner and don't know how to do that. Lame, I know. And what you are suggestiong does indeed sound like it'll work for the moment!

Could we see an update which lets us make people have unban permissions etc in the chat without having to make them forum staff?

Hi there! Quick question. I have a user that states that she is only able to enter three chats. I can't seem to find where to change that, and I myself am able to enter as many as I please. Can you tell me where I change this?

ETA: Okay, I am in panic mode now. Not only am I having the above problem, I am now also unable to add rooms. I get the following when I try:

http://prntscr.com/dl2s0n

Can someone please, please help? This basically busts me down to not being able to even use Siropu Chat for my forum! I have to have the ability to make rooms for all the RPGs.

Also: am unable to delete rooms, either. Gods, I hope someonne can help.

Last edited:
To be able to join more than 3 rooms, go to Admin > Users > User Group Permissions > Registered, and set a higher value for "Join multiple rooms".
The security error it is not something to panic about. Seems to be a Javascript issue. Please see PM.

does prune delete from the archive or just the chat window?

does clear clear it for everyone or just your chat window?

Prune deletes messages from the database. Archive displays the same messages as chat does.
Clear just clears the messages from your window, does not deletes them.

Top Bottom