Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Yep. Says you have to join the forum to see the features, and when you join the forum it says you have to be manually approved. Looks like I might have gotten caught in the spam filter.

I would really like to see a demo. Is it really necessary to manually approve everyone who wants to see a demo before they buy?
I'm running Siropu's chat on my site. Feel free to register and try it out if you like. I can remove your test account afterwards if you like.

A popup window can be added very easily. I might add the option in the next release. There isn't a who's chatting widget because the chat itself has a chatters list.

the Enable "Who's chatting" widget doesnt even work for normal chat page, all I see is Top Chatters widget and I have tried this with the [BD] Widget framework off.

Edit: had to embed it via template for it show where I wanted it.

Last edited:
I'm really new to this chat moving from Taigachat how do I only allow the Choose display mode permission without the Settings Permission?

also the Enable colored messages options doesnt work if I disable it and type in the BBCode
Code:
[color=blue]test[/color]
it still shows the colour

same thing if colour is enabled and the user doesnt have the option to use the color picker this is totally bypassable with BBCODE

Last edited:
Is there any way to restrict other users from using a certain color? Or is it possible to allow only a specific set of colors for members?

can some 1 tell me what "Disable auto hide" does? I cannot seem to test it.

hi the "Display post content excerpt" doesnt seem to work right even with 0 or a custom number enabled. its constantly giving me the
Code:
[Quote]
tags as you can see to every new thread post Or New Threads.

b19d15c076c04acd9d296ba703567868.png

can some 1 expand in detail what these two option mean:

Refresh chatters list every x seconds

Update session every x seconds

as in how they work and what the default parameters are. (what Setting control this)

also does the setting "Delete messages older than x days" apply to archives? I see no settings for archives in options.

I have the forum activity in new tab enabled but how do I prune just this? the prune command only seems to prune the chat box, prune all removes it from forum activity but it also erases all the other custom rooms.

Last edited:
how do I only allow the Choose display mode permission without the Settings Permission?
Not possible. I will look into the colored message issue you mentioned.

can some 1 tell me what "Disable auto hide" does? I cannot seem to test it.
In "All Pages" mode, when you click outside of chat, it will automatically hide. That option will prevent that from happening.

Refresh chatters list every x seconds
By default, chatters list is refreshed on each chat refresh. If you set a value for this setting, the chatters list will refresh accordingly, saving you a db query.

Update session every x seconds
By default, the session is updated every time you post a message. If you set a value for this, the session will be updated accordingly, saving you a db query.

You can find both in chat admin options.

also does the setting "Delete messages older than x days" apply to archives?
Yes. The archive is not separate from the messages in the chat.

I have the forum activity in new tab enabled but how do I prune just this?
/prune forum

"Display post content excerpt" doesnt seem to work right even with 0 or a custom number enabled. its constantly giving me the
Code:
[Quote]
Can't reproduce this.

Is there any way to restrict other users from using a certain color? Or is it possible to allow only a specific set of colors for members?
There isn't.

any ETA for next update? (specially for bot messages. as reported in pc, bot messages are not working as they must.)

Anyone uses the chat in "All Pages" mode and CTA Featured Threads as home page? The chat acts up on that page, I cannot type any message into the chat nor switch between rooms. It automatically collapses the chat, not sure if it's related to the reroute the CTAFT does:

If enabled, a [Home] tab will be present in the navigation. Ensure that the Index Page Route in Options -> Basic Board Information is set to 'threads/featured' otherwise the tab will not display. Note that the 'Home Page URL' in Options -> Basic Board Information must be blank otherwise it will result in two [Home] tabs.

If someone could report back I'd appreciate!

Thanks!

Edited:

This is no longer happening on the latest version 2.24.5 (y)

Last edited:
@Siropu

the double quote thing i mentioned earlier the one you could not reproduce i found out that Bb Codes & Buttons Manager by cclaerhout is the cause.

i am unsure what setting or if the whole thing is the cause i cannot seem to debug this to many settings, could you possibly install it and see if causes u issues?

also thx for the prune forum command any idea where i can get all possible commands?

or does the help page already show all possible commands?

here are my settings if they can help, just ones i enabled or changed:

[Bb Codes & Buttons Manager] Bb Codes Manager

Activate the Bb Codes Content Protection: No
Hide tags in thread fast preview: No
Support BbCodes inside tags option: No
Clean option helper - Zenkaku conversion support: No
Html cleaner method: PHP Dom Method

Tags Map Caching Enabled: Enabled

Caching Threshold: 5
Cache Expiry: 604800

[Bb Codes & Buttons Manager] Buttons Manager

Disable the Buttons Manager: No
Enable the Buttons Manager in the admin side?: Yes
Bbm Redactor Js - Load globally: Yes
Font-Awesome Integration: Font-Awesome CDN integration
Font-Awesome Integration [admin side]: Font-Awesome CDN integration

Bbm Editor Configuration for mobile devices: redactor
Bbm Editor Configuration for tablets: redactor

Show Controller Information: No

Bbm Editor Configuration by Forum: No

[Bb Codes & Buttons Manager] XenForo Bb Codes Control

Disable methods: Real Uphrased Method

XenForo Tags Wrapper Callback: None

XenForo Tags - Empty Content Check: Yes

[Bb Codes & Buttons Manager] XenForo Misc.

Bypass all visitor permissions for images?: Enebled

Image Extensions: jpg, jpe, gif, jpeg, png
Image content types: post

Unbeakable double quotes?: Enebled

Last edited:
also @Siropu these seems to be a miner bug in terms of "Join multiple rooms" permission

if i set it to 2 0r 3 for say then join those rooms (Normal Member Account)

and then the Admin (me) deletes those rooms

and then the Normal Member try to join back the normal room it gives error saying i cannot join any more rooms because i maxed out.
there should be a check for this if the rooms no longer exist reset the count of joined rooms.

EG:

Admin creates Rooms 1-3

User has ability to join up 2 rooms, so user quits the General Room (Room 0)

and Joins Room 1 & 2

Admin Deletes Rooms 1 & 2 before User 1 has the chance to leave.

User Tries to join General Room (Room 0) but it wont allow him as Chat thinks he still in Room 1 & 2.

also the "the forum activity will be displayed in a new tab within the chat"

if user group does not have the "Join rooms" and A minimum "Join multiple rooms" (2) the user cannot see the Forum Activity Tab.

could you like fix this so without the join rooms perm the Activity tab is still shown? this shouldn't be considered as a room.

also if a user types in /quit and does not have ability to join rooms they cannot get back in.

so many things that could go wrong for users with this chat..

Last edited:
any idea where i can get all possible commands?
They are all listed on the help page.
Regarding that Add-on, I don't know what's the issue. Go to the archive page, check the option "Show Forum Activity" and hit search. Click to edit a message that contains the excerpt and see how the source code looks.

As for the join rooms issue, will look into it.

They are all listed on the help page.
Regarding that Add-on, I don't know what's the issue. Go to the archive page, check the option "Show Forum Activity" and hit search. Click to edit a message that contains the excerpt and see how the source code looks.

As for the join rooms issue, will look into it.

it looks like this:

Code:
[USER=88]PCDebug[/USER] has posted [URL=https://portalcentric.net/forums/posts/59117/]a new reply[/URL] in the thread "[URL=https://portalcentric.net/forums/threads/chat-test.10683/unread][PLAIN]Chat Test[/PLAIN][/URL]". [QUOTE="PCDebug"]test5[QUOTE]

i really Need to use BBCodes manager but unsure how to resolve that annoying issue..

as you can see it is not placing the /QUOTE only the QUOTE word at the end that could be the issue.

and i noticed after i edit the block but don't change anything and press save it places this on at the end

Code:
[QUOTE="PCDebug"]test5[QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

there shouldn't be x2 /QUOTE tags at the end..

i could try test any fixes u may have? like editing what ever template or function that phrases these posts..

Last edited:
Hi @Siropu :) Great add-on! Been using mChat for phpBB for quite some time now, and your chat is something else - in a very good way!

Is there a way to have guests to only see a pre-made chat room - not the general chat?

Tried setting the default to my pre-made room and unmarked the general chat, and logged out to test - but it's still the general chat it shows.

Top Bottom