Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
What's the best way to use the old version? Delete the addon and install the old one? But that'll make me lose the archive right?

Try re-uploading everything and clear the browser cache after. If problem still persists, please send me a PM with a test account.

Request:
  • It'd be nice if under Forum Activity, users had their avatar and styled username (like in normal chat), as it looks quite bland now.

For the room feature. Can you just let us click the room name instead of clicking the Join Room in the right side(it's not very visible there), you can add a CSS like this or something to make it easier for the members to know that you just have to click on it ot join.

@Siropu about the inactivity thing, i don't get it working like it's supposed to. I am with the full chat page open, reading the chat, but over the X set minutes to hide inactive users, i'm hidden and it won't display me until i chat, or i reload the page. Shouldn't the change you made on the update display the user there if the tab is open? Focused or not?

On a suggestion it would be nice if the notifications could be set only for User has been Tagged / Whispered, as a chat with decent amount of activity just floods. ^^

• It'd be nice if under Forum Activity, users had their avatar and styled username (like in normal chat), as it looks quite bland now.
I agree this needs one option to parse the Rich Usernames on the messages the bot messages.

With that, specially on the normal chat, on-click it should follow the admin panel option to open the usermenu or to tag the user.

I wanted to propose some enhancements, but there seems to be quite a lot on the queue, lol.. Oh well, guess I'll wait for a bit.

@mauzao9, are you referring to the Inactive Sessions change? No, what it does is, it resets the refresh rate interval from active (5 seconds by default) to inactive (30 seconds by default). I've made this change as I've noticed on my community that some users will leave the chat page open for hours even if they are away.
@Carla Birch, it was supposed to blink (not trigger sound) but it seems that it doesn't do that anymore. I will look into it.
@BobbyWibowo, what enhancements?

@Siropu One would be adding an X button on each chat room tab to quit the room. I know that you can double-click on the tab title, or access the dropdown menu of your name, to leave the room, but I'm pretty sure that adding an X button will it make way more obvious.
I can't remember the rest, for some reason, so I'll post that later. On a side note, I see that you've made the changes I requested on my previous reply. Good job, and thanks a lot!
And yeah, I've upgraded to the latest version. No issue so far.

@mauzao9, are you referring to the Inactive Sessions change? No, what it does is, it resets the refresh rate interval from active (5 seconds by default) to inactive (30 seconds by default). I've made this change as I've noticed on my community that some users will leave the chat page open for hours even if they are away.
Oh i see, so the suggestion is just that users that are inactive to remain inactive, maybe the script can check if the user still has the tab open, then it won't hide it, will just show it there but inactive. It seems that's how users leave the room has it just leaves it there for the X set minutes and then hides it, no matter if the user is still on the chat or closed it.

@Siropu a lot of my members are reporting that when they visit the site, the chat is not auto-scrolling at the bottom. This happens to me too. It's like 3/4 down. It looks like this:
0Yk0ddU.jpg

After installing Chat by Siropu 1.22, my admin panel is flooded with errors related to the Iversia Identicon add-on. Is there a way we can get these add-ons to play nice with each other? Sample error provided.

ErrorException: Undefined index: unique_key - library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php:48
Generated By: Gunhand4171, Today at 4:07 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/stararmy/stararmy/roleplay-forum/library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php(48): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/star_army...', 48, Array)
#1 /home/stararmy/stararmy/roleplay-forum/library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php(40): Iversia_Identicon_Listener::_getGravatarUrl(Array, 'l', 'robohash')
#2 /home/stararmy/stararmy/roleplay-forum/library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php(33): Iversia_Identicon_Listener::_getDefaultAvatarUrl(Array, 'l')
#3 [internal function]: Iversia_Identicon_Listener::getAvatarUrl(Array, 'l')
#4 /home/stararmy/stararmy/roleplay-forum/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php(853): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/stararmy/stararmy/roleplay-forum/library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php(93): XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('avatar', Array)
#6 /home/stararmy/stararmy/roleplay-forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Siropu_Chat_ViewPublic_Public->renderJson()
#7 /home/stararmy/stararmy/roleplay-forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(88): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', 'Json', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...')
#8 /home/star_army/stararmy/roleplay-forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(605): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...', NULL)
#9 /home/star_army/stararmy/roleplay-forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#10 /home/stararmy/stararmy/roleplay-forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(58) "https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/index.php?chat/refresh"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["chat/refresh"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(15) {
["room_id"] => string(1) "0"
["user_rooms"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(1) "0"
}
["last_id"] => string(1) "0"
["activity_last_id"] => string(1) "0"
["activity_last_update"] => string(1) "0"
["inverse"] => string(1) "0"
["hide_bot"] => string(1) "0"
["no_users"] => string(1) "0"
["show_ignored"] => string(1) "0"
["all_pages"] => string(1) "1"
["embedded"] => string(1) "0"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(25) "/roleplay-forum/index.php"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Then that's a common issue that should have been there for a while. If I remember correctly, I had reported that issue months ago. I couldn't remember what was the solution that Siropu decided though. But anyway, the chat actually scrolled to the very bottom, but that was before the images were rendered. After the script scrolled the chat to the very bottom, the images rendered itself, thus taking more space. Well, that's the main reason when it happens on my site anyway. I can only assume that's the same cause on your site.

Top Bottom