Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Error in error Log - perhaps its because the user name has "//" infront of it?

ErrorException: preg_match(): Unknown modifier '/' - library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php:29
Generated By: //septic, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'preg_match(): U...', '/hackersadvanta...', 29, Array)
#1 /hackersadvantage/forums/library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php(29): preg_match('/@//septic/', 'is there any ch...')
#2 /hackersadvantage/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Siropu_Chat_ViewPublic_Public->renderJson()
#3 /hackersadvantage/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(88): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', 'Json', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...')
#4 /hackersadvantage/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...', NULL)
#5 /hackersadvantage/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#6 /hackersadvantage/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(60) "http://www.hackersadvantage.com/forums/index.php?chat/submit"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["chat/submit"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(10) {
["message"] => string(42) "is there any chance of COD AW coming back?"
["room_id"] => string(1) "0"
["last_id"] => string(3) "222"
["inverse"] => string(5) "false"
["no_users"] => string(5) "false"
["hide_ignored"] => string(5) "false"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(8) "/forums/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

New Features & Bug fixes

Version 1.11.0 comes with the following new features and improvements:

Report System (Permissions Based)
Now users can report messages and you can set the option to delete reports when reported messages get deleted and to delete older reports after x days.

Performance
I've takes some first steps to improve performance by adding 2 new admin options that controls how often the chatters list refreshes and how often the user chat session updates when posting. This could save 2 db...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Siropu,

Could you add a "/prune" to quickly delete all the chat? Sometimes I don't like the whole discussion of multiple people.
There is a "Delete all messages" in the chat user options that allows you to delete messages from the whole chat or from certain rooms.
As for that error, sorry I missed your post. I will look into it.

@Carla Birch, thank you. :)

@Siropu

Since the upgrade to version 1.11, I get an error message after updating/deleting a phrase in the tchat and after checking, I notice that the change was not carried out.

Another issue, English is not my mother tongue so posts/threads are in French and when someone posts in a thread, it replaces éèàä,... by special characters and it is unreadable.

Last edited:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'forum.xf_siropu_chat_reports' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Derpyhooves, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('\n\t\t\tSELECT COUN...')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '\n\t\t\tSELECT COUN...')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('\n\t\t\tSELECT COUN...')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(753): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\tSELECT COUN...', Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/Siropu/Chat/Model.php(382): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow('\n\t\t\tSELECT COUN...')
#5 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/Siropu/Chat/Listener.php(162): Siropu_Chat_Model->getReportsCount(Array)
#6 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/Siropu/Chat/Listener.php(97): Siropu_Chat_Listener::_getChat(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 [internal function]: Siropu_Chat_Listener::template_hook('footer', '\n\n\n\n<div class=...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#8 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(285): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_hook', Array, 'footer')
#10 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/internal_data/templates/S.14,L.1,PAGE_CONTAINER.php(18531): XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateHook('footer', '\n\n\n\n<div class=...', Array)
#11 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(260): include('/home/nginx/dom...')
#12 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(191): XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal('/home/nginx/dom...', Array)
#13 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#14 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(139): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#15 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#16 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#17 /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#18 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://www.redlightponyville.com/forums/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Getting this with the latest update.

Also,

I had someone reply to a message I posted, and it shows me as the replier, not the person who replied. Shouldnt it show the users name who posted the reply and not me?

I replied after seeing that, and it show me correctly, then someone replied after me, and it showed their name. But I however did not reply as the image below shows, it was someone else replying to a message I had left this morning.

upload_2015-6-27_15-59-9.webp

Last edited:
Is it possible to limit the characters in the chat? someone tried posting a million characters and it went trough and crashed people's browser... just asking... seems severe.

@Betclever, when deleting/editing a message from the chat? I don't understand the other issue, could you please explain?
@derpyhooves, you probably got that message while upgrading. Do you still get it now? I will add the option to limit characters.
@KozmoK, will look into it.

Some further suggestions (endorsements if they've been said):
  • Chat Report Manager has same features as normal Report Manager e.g. comments, resolution/rejection alerts, assigning, recently closed reports...
  • Add Chat Reports to the moderator bar, with an item count.
  • Alternative option for chatters list to display those who are viewing the page, instead of those who have messaged in X minutes. This would mean users would popup on the chatters list when they opened the chat page and would leave the list when the page was closed. (Pretty much what TaigaChat does) <----- The reason being is that chat activity increases when users see that more people are available to chat to (including lurkers).
  • Option to disable extraTabs navbar itemcount for "Chat"
  • If possible, when warning a user from the chat report manager, quote the reported message in the warning PM.
  • Directly warn a user for a message.

@Siropu why you adding so much features in chat?
The features being added are core features that many have wanted from other chat add-on's for many years. They are key to being able to run a site right in terms of user control to control over server loads and giving control to users to make the chat more to how they like it.

So great job to @Siropu on the features that have been added already making it one of the best Xenforo chat's.

Suggestions :
  • Favorite smilies
  • Add rules for the Shoutbox
  • Possibility to add more functions for "bot" like question/answer,...
  • Customize everything "for users" (colors, backgrounds,...) like UIX does for his themes.
  • Top chatters more visible.
  • Add audio function or integrate teamspeak (custom dev?)
Regards,

Last edited:
Top Bottom