Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Great work @Siropu

The main things:
  • Edit / Delete / Report moved to left of avatar
  • Drop down for "Edit / Delete / Report"
  • Tagging now in "inlinemod" color, for default XenForo it is a light yellow (same as when you go to type a message)
  • Time still to the right, less focus on as it was lightened in background and opacity as well
  • Drop down in Users In Chat moved from right of avatar, to left. Everything back inline
  • Active / Idle images changed to Font Awesome icons.
  • Idle users now with opacity of .5

scmodified.webp

editdeletereport.gif

idleonline.gif

usertag.webp

Currently, this works with 1.11.1

Is there a feature in which the user can whisper? So someone write without someone else sees it?

maybe a bug:
Can't send a message. if we disable chat and enable it again, we can't send a message anymore. other user does not affected by this issue. cache already cleared but issue still remain.

31b8f424e343dd413b7b9f1c6e6bf65c.gif

I don't know what I can do about that.
Is there a feature in which the user can whisper? So someone write without someone else sees it?
Not yet but I'm thinking of add it so maybe I will play with it today and see how it goes. :)
maybe a bug:
Can't send a message. if we disable chat and enable it again, we can't send a message anymore. other user does not affected by this issue. cache already cleared but issue still remain.
I don't have this problem. As for compact design, it will remain as is but I will provide the css code that can do that for those who want to make it look that way.

@Sheldon, I have some ideas so we'll see. I've set the opacity .5 for ignored users so don't forget to change that. :)

A few more suggestions :)
  • Show options for the chat also in the preferences in the account area (All settings are collected here)
  • Export the chat archive as csv (The whole archive or just an choosen excerpt)

The status messages are a little strange, if the users using different languages. For example:

Bot: Ronald has joined the room.

This is the english message, but if a user with the German language opens the chat this message appears:

Bot: Scharesoft hat den Raum betreten.

Since the status messages are generated messages, they are not multilingual.

I can set the default language for all bot generated messages to avoid this problem. but making it multilingual complicates things.

Great work @Siropu

The main things:
  • Edit / Delete / Report moved to left of avatar
  • Drop down for "Edit / Delete / Report"
  • Tagging now in "inlinemod" color, for default XenForo it is a light yellow (same as when you go to type a message)
  • Time still to the right, less focus on as it was lightened in background and opacity as well
  • Drop down in Users In Chat moved from right of avatar, to left. Everything back inline
  • Active / Idle images changed to Font Awesome icons.
  • Idle users now with opacity of .5

View attachment 109732

View attachment 109733

View attachment 109734

View attachment 109735

Currently, this works with 1.11.1
Mind releasing how you did this?

Does anyone else experience laggy typing and general lag on the page when using the "All Pages" mode on lower powered devices? My Chromebook really can't handle this chat well, very laggy input and general forum usage (hovering nav tabs etc) @Siropu

Top Bottom