Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue with reaction selection not working on popup window.
Fixed a potential error with server Chat data directory permissions on add-on install.
Fixed an issue with guest mode when permissions are not set up correctly and Chat display the "Conversations" tab title.
Fixed an issue with conversations not displaying in conversation popup.

Also, have added a style property for user mention row date for easy styling.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I currently place shoutbox on top of forum, can I replace shoutbox with chatbox at same place?
Is there a setting to allow me to do that?
Thanks!

Upd: found how to do this! I love it already!

Last edited:
Hi all,

We're having an issue since updating to 2.2.1 where the chat seems to have some considerable input lag issues and just generally doesn't seem to be that responsive in nature. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to possibly speed things up?

I did notice some non responsive input last night with 2.2.8.
I didn't have time to investigate yet since it was late.
I'll see if it still persist today.

Is it possible to display member's avatar next to his name on chat message?
Attached is an example I saw elsewhere done.

Attachments

• ChatMsgWithAvatar.webp
    ChatMsgWithAvatar.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
posible to add a button or some link text to say "close chat" when chat is display in all pages?
There is a button already. Users must have the "Change settings" user permission.
chat_bar_b.webp

Where it should be displayed?
In the Chat header. If you have enabled it in admin options and don't see it, take a look in the browser console for any error messages. You might need to make data/siropu/chat/room directory permission to 755 or 777.

In the Chat header. If you have enabled it in admin options and don't see it, take a look in the browser console for any error messages. You might need to make data/siropu/chat/roomdirectory permission to 755 or 777.

There are no errors and chmod didn't help either.

There is a button already. Users must have the "Change settings" user permission.
View attachment 261836
This button is for disable the chat not for close the chat. If I disable the chat it disappears and i have to go to the chat page to enable.
I know that if i click in the bottom bar, the chat oppens and close but a lot of users tell me in the chat how to close the chat and minimize the chat at the bottom.

1.json, 2.json, 3.json and index.html, but all of them are empty, even while typing on the chat.
Have you checked "Rooms" under "Enable who's typing" admin option?

but a lot of users tell me in the chat how to close the chat and minimize the chat at the bottom.
By simply clicking/taping on the chat bar.
How can I make it display on the home page of the website only?
Is home page forum list or custom page that is part of XF?

By simply clicking/taping on the chat bar.
Taping the bar its posible to add some text that say "Close Chat" ?
I don't want to be annoying but when I talk to my users in the chat, they always ask me how to close it. Having a message to close the chat would be fine.

Reactions: TFW
Top Bottom