Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Siropu,

The version of the Chat is 2.1.3 I'm using most recent XenForo v2.1.5.

I disabled rooms completely, made it put ppl in the general chit-chat room. When new users register on the forum they see a blank chatbox and it says "You're not in any rooms" and there's no option to join any rooms (probably because rooms are disabled). But nonetheless, I've even tried having the rooms enabled, and still they can't see a way to join into any active rooms. I checked permissions for registered users and they are all set to be able to see and use the chat. :rolleyes:

What I noticed (This is a strange observation):

I registered a new name on my forum and one time that new user was placed into a room automatically. I then proceeded to register a new name once more, and then once again that user was placed into a room upon login as a brand new user. However, on my 3rd attempt I saw the message about not being in a room and then this went on randomly. Some new users get placed, some new users don't. Some existing veteran users were being placed... while some were not getting placed in a room. I wish I had more direct information, but so far I can't figure out what's causing the issues. Permissions? I've checked these too.

Would it be possible to exclude banned or discouraged users from the "Top Chatters" page?

Also, any ways to embed the "Top Chatters" widget into the chat itself? (either at the bottom or at the top of it, so that if users decide to close the chat, the widget will disappear, too)

@Siropu

Good morning!

We are running your Chat 2 on Xenforo 2.1.4 and having some issues with it lagging out and giving an "OOPS" error (with nothing at all in the error log.) I'm going to double check to make sure Mod Security is disabled, but one of our members started asking me a ton of questions about it and to be honest, it's all above my head in terms of tech spec. I simply told her that I would pose these questions to you, so I apologize if anything are pointed (or none of my business lol,) we're just trying to figure out where our timeout/lag issue is coming from.

1. Can the chat itself be changed to a different database? Like all the main forum in the same database.table then have the chat in chatdatabase.chattable?

2. What database does chat allow? Does it allow like NoSQL or another type? There's a few different SQL and non SQL servers that have a lot faster execution time with less system usage.

3. Is it possible for you to optimize the database queries (because they currently are not.) Would it be possible to see how you have the queries going in?

4. Is there a primary key associated with the chat database, and if so can you use the primary table key as the method to query the database?

5. What is the default database connection timeout and what do you suggest for the site? (about 34,000 members.)

6. How does the script handle timeouts? The chat is only as fast as the slowest message as the entire web server wont respond until either all connections get the chat message or the server will timeout everything.

I appreciate any help or consideration, our community LOVES the Chat windows and it's almost transformed how members are talking to each other, just trying to optimize! Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello Siropu! I might have a possible bug report. The "MEDIA" tag seems to be immune to being disabled. We have it turned off in the "Options" area of the Chat area and have had it off for quite some time, but people seem to be able to get around it. Here's a screenshot of the settings in the ACP and the result of it with the video in the background and me editing the post in terms of raw BB Code.

mj34yoS.png

I've got a log from chat where they were talking about how they did it.

Crackshot: amazing
Crackshot: huh why did it give a preview? just like your twitter post
Crackshot: where can i learn this power
Peanuckle: Maybe because I put a space before and after the link?
Crackshot: huh
Peanuckle: Though I don’t think it’s done that on desktop
Peanuckle: I shared it through my phone
Crackshot: im on desktop and the preview showed
Flower Power: i can see it on desktop
Flower Power: huh interesting
Flower Power: did't work
Peanuckle: I mean I don’t think links from desktop show as previews but for some reason if it was posted from mobile it does have a preview? Idk but I don’t remember it doing that
Flower Power: I can see the preview on desktop, which is a bit odd and counter to that sort of idea
Flower Power: hmm
Flower Power: im gonna grab my phone :sbhmm:
Flower Power:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Flower Power: weird
Flower Power: my phone doesn't do that, even with the space before/after
Crackshot: hmm
Flower Power: i remember the staff saying the chat had the capability to show embed like that but its turned off from what I remember
Crackshot: maybe a back-end bug in the setting

What do you think? Is there some other setting I can check to disable it truly?

About bbcodes, it'd be also great if we had a definitive solution to remove the CHAT IMAGE bbcode button from normal posts, without having to use CSS, thanks :)

Been testing this out for a month now and it's really awesome and the users love the ability to react without receiving alerts. We are still having the issue of occasional server time outs, I'm still not sure if its cloudflare or not, been trying different things but nothing seems to work but I'm a hobbyist so I'm maybe out of my depth. Asked for advice elsewhere and theres definitely some headscratching.

That aside, there are two things of note, and I'm not sure what these are caused by and they're more irritating than anything but chat is still functional. Would still love to see if this can be fixed tho as members complain of this issue often.

1575576549908.webp

This screenshot above shows an issue that sometimes occurs, and sometimes doesn't. It seems completely random. Typing long sentences, the text goes behind the submit button, obscuring the view.

1575576787289.webp

This screenshot shows another issue that occurs seemingly randomly. Sometimes when sending a post, it will create a random linebreak, splitting the post in half effectively. It can be jarring, especially for those with issues like dyslexia.

If there's something I can do please let me know. Thanks.

Please @Siropu could you make without errors with php v7.4

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type null src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Vendor/MobileDetect/Mobile_Detect.php:1040
Generated by: Unknown account 06.12.2019. at 21:04
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Vendor/MobileDetect/Mobile_Detect.php(1040): XF::handlePhpError()
#1 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Vendor/MobileDetect/Mobile_Detect.php(1161): Mobile_Detect->checkHttpHeadersForMobile()
#2 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Criteria/Device.php(178): Mobile_Detect->isMobile()
#3 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Criteria/Device.php(22): Siropu\AdsManager\Criteria\Device->setDeviceType()
#4 src/XF/Container.php(270): Siropu\AdsManager\Criteria\Device->__construct()
#5 src/XF/App.php(754): XF\Container->createObject()
#6 src/XF/Container.php(228): XF\App->XF\{closure}()
#7 src/XF/App.php(2827): XF\Container->create()
#8 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Entity/Ad.php(359): XF\App->criteria()
#9 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(447): Siropu\AdsManager\Entity\Ad->matchesDeviceCriteria()
#10 [internal function]: Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->Siropu\AdsManager\Template\{closure}()
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(189): array_filter()
#12 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(449): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter()
#13 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(306): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->prepareAdsForDisplay()
#14 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(297): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->setAds()
#15 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Listener.php(38): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->__construct()
#16 [internal function]: Siropu\AdsManager\Listener::templaterGlobalData()
#17 src/XF/Extension.php(67): call_user_func_array()
#18 src/XF/App.php(2654): XF\Extension->fire()
#19 src/XF/App.php(1922): XF\App->fire()
#20 src/XF/App.php(1800): XF\App->getGlobalTemplateData()
#21 src/XF/Pub/App.php(432): XF\App->preRender()
#22 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(395): XF\Pub\App->preRender()
#23 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render()
#24 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#25 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#26 index.php(20): XF::runApp()
#27 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(30) "/attachments/kal8qa-jpg.55012/"
  ["referrer"] => string(62) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/threads/crivit-role-iz-lidla.13730/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/attachments/kal8qa-jpg_55012/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Bug?

If I ignore a user, I don't see his messages in the public chats, but he can still send me private chat messages, is this a wanted feature?

If so, I'd kindly ask the possibility to block him from contacting me privately, too, thanks!

@Hobbes, response time and performance depends on the server and on how many active users are chatting at the same time. As for your questions:

1. No,
2. It works with the same database as XF since this is a 100% XF add-on.
3. I don't think there's much to optimize. If you enable debug mode, you can take a look at the queries yourself.
4. I don't understand what you mean.
5. This is server specific.
6. The chat waits 5 seconds before showing the "no response" message.

What do you think?
I'm sorry, I cannot reproduce it.

It seems completely random.
Is this on Firefox?

could you make without errors with php v7.4
I will see what I can do about that. The mobile detect script is a 3rd party script, is not developed by me.

is this a wanted feature?
If the user is already a contact and has sent you messages before blocking, then can still send you messages, but you can just leave the conversation.

Good day Siropu, kudos on the /roll function as many of my users enjoy this feature for gaming. One issue that's come up is with modifiers...rather than modifying the result of a multiple die roll, Chat appears to be adding the modifier to each individual die. As an example:

1575926739789.webp

I was troubleshooting why doing a 3d8 +10 would give me a 37, as the maximum it could be should be 34 (24 +10). When I turned off summing of the dice, it became obvious.

It may be that this is intended behavior, but that's not optimal for gamers (whom I would assume are the typical users). The modifier should be added to the sum, or at least, there should be an option to do it this way. This is not a critical issue, but perhaps you could address it the next time you review the code?

When opening chat in a popup all of the text is huge. Is there a simple setting that I should be looking for to adjust that?
I have the same issue and couldn’t find your answer to his question. Please see the attachment. How can I adjust the font size in the chat popup? Style Properties perhaps?

374B5046-D5B0-4985-B009-0DFEE2812CD2.png

Top Bottom