Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I suggest creating a "floating" Notice in ACP > Communication > Notices and set User criteria > User is a guest and Page criteria Content template is: siropu_chat_page

I suggest creating a "floating" Notice in ACP > Communication > Notices and set User criteria > User is a guest and Page criteria Content template is: siropu_chat_page

Tried that but it doesn't work. Notices do work (but in all pages) if I don't include siropu_chat_page in content template.

@Siropu not too sure if there is something wrong with the add-on, or my options. Although everything is set, when a user adds media, or album, or comment, in XFMG, nothing will be posted by the bot in the chat room. (though it's all fine about threads)
no error logs.

Can you test and see if it works in your side?

Is there a way of having links posted in messages opened in new window?

It's not very nice to have links opened in the same window when using the chat in an iframe.

Edit: I see that external links do open in new window. My problem is when the forum bot posts about a new thread for example. Then the link opens in the same window and having the chat in an iframe causes appearance problems. Is there a solution to that?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Try re-build add-on data. I don't know what could be the issue.

Add this code in siropu_chat_js template at the end.
JavaScript:
$(function()
  {
    $('.siropuChatMessageText .link--internal').on('click', function(e)
                                                   {
        e.preventDefault();
        window.open($(this).attr('href'), '_blank');
    });
});

It works great! Thank you.

Will I have to apply this everytime I upgrade the chat script?

Hello,

I don't see the like button in the chat. It is activated in the group rights. Do I still have to pay attention to something?

Only "Like messages" permission is required. Make sure that you haven't set it to "Never" for a secondary user group. Use permission analyzer to see what's going on. It everything is ok, the only issue that remains is the font awesome icon.

Hello Siropu,

Thank you for your answer.
It's activated and I still don't see it.

Attachments

• 942B0F16-347A-46F9-9FA1-E3B49D77B8C2.webp
    942B0F16-347A-46F9-9FA1-E3B49D77B8C2.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 691BA7A5-7FD1-472D-8DC0-5DC27C5B5443.webp
    691BA7A5-7FD1-472D-8DC0-5DC27C5B5443.webp
    66.2 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom