Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I know this is a huge ask, do you think it'd be possible get Chat 2 to work with the Matterbridge API? That would make it easy for admins to bridge their forum chat with basically every major type of chatroom out there.

Suggestion: apply some sort of styling to quoted text when its displayed in the compressed chat bar. Right now the quoted text and message text all just run together.
siroput_Chat1.webpsiroput_Chat2.webp

Moderate how, by reading private conversations? If so, No. You can only view reported private conversation messages.

Hi.

Can I buy and install chat2 in development environment before installing in live site?
How do I validate license in such a case?

Thank you.

I'm getting so many areas. Many plugins are mentioned in the log but yours is at the top, any idea?

Code:
LogicException: Macro public:siropu_chat_room_message_helper :: message_content() error: Entity is read only src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:560
Generated by: Snowman Apr 11, 2019 at 11:27 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(553): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('display_style_g...', 20)
#1 src/addons/LiamW/AllRichUsernames/XF/Template/Templater.php(36): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetSet('display_style_g...', 20)
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/XF/Template/Templater.php(20): LiamW\AllRichUsernames\XF\Template\Templater->fnUsernameClasses(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), NULL, Object(SV\UserEssentials\XF\Entity\User), true)
#3 src/addons/DBTech/Shop/XF/Template/Templater.php(68): ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\XF\Template\Templater->fnUsernameClasses(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), NULL, Object(SV\UserEssentials\XF\Entity\User), true)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(3876): DBTech\Shop\XF\Template\Templater->fnUsernameClasses(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), NULL, Object(SV\UserEssentials\XF\Entity\User), true)
#5 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->fnUsernameLink(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), false, Object(SV\UserEssentials\XF\Entity\User), true, Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(922): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s87/public/siropu_chat_room_message_helper.php(30): XF\Template\Templater->fn('username_link', Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#9 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s87/public/siropu_chat_room_message_row.php(14): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('siropu_chat_roo...', 'message_content', Array, Array)
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1374): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('siropu_chat_roo...', Array)
#12 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s87/public/siropu_chat_message_list.php(15): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:siropu_c...', Array)
#13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#14 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s87/public/siropu_chat.php(532): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('siropu_chat_mes...', 'room', Array, Array)
#15 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#16 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(62): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('siropu_chat', Array)
#17 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(67): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->render()
#18 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1620): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->__toString()
#19 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s87/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(2664): XF\Template\Templater->widgetPosition('siropu_chat_all...', Array)
#20 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#21 src/XF/Pub/App.php(547): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#22 src/XF/App.php(1988): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

Hi Sirpou,

A small template edit suggestion for siropu_chat_room_message_likes:

I noticed that the chat likes overlay has more padding between each row than default XenForo reactions. It turns out that .block-row is applied twice, once to each list item and then again for the parent <div> element. Perhaps this parent element might be better changed to an ordered list? Then it would be more similar to XenForo's standard "Members who reacted to [content]" page (template reaction_list).

E.g. change <div class="block-body block-row"> to <ol class="block-body"> (and the matching closing tag)

There seems to be an attempt by a different add-on to change the user entity values. Do you get that all the time?

Yes, hundreds of them. Although they have slowed down now, I don't think this is your addon at all actually.

When I tested this on my test server a couple months ago Chat did not upgrade the legacy addon from 1.24.5 to 2.0.23 and I now have two entries on my addon list.

Question 1: Since it was a couple months ago, is there a chance this was fixed and it will upgrade properly now?
Question 2: If not, should I remove Chat 1.24.5 before upgrading to XF2.1?
Question 3: How should I remove the legacy addon from my test server?

Upgrade is not supported. You don't have the option to uninstall the legacy add-on?
As for database, you have to remove all the databases that start with siropu_chat_

Upgrade is not supported. You don't have the option to uninstall the legacy add-on?
As for database, you have to remove all the databases that start with siropu_chat_

Good to know. I do have the option to uninstall, just wanted to make sure that was the best course of action :)

Hello!

Have you gone into Admin Settings>Group Permissions? Every group you want to be able to see and log in and use the rooms must have permissions to do so: Admins, moderators, registered and Guest, as well as any custom user groups you have created.
View attachment 200714

I had already set View, User Chat to yes.
But I had to put Join Rooms to Yes.

JoinRooms.webp

But it seemed that still, one user couldn't see only the generell room, I had set also now default language and tick off that users can leave room.
Then it seemed to work, but I am not sure if he had to /join the room via chat, because we tried both at the same time, then it seemed to work but without real clearness what did job.

LanguageCanLeaveRoom.webp

A suggestion. When a member clicks to join a room, can he be automatically logged out from other rooms if he has permission to join 1 room only?

Last edited:
You are a genius coder, by the way, thanks for your amazing clean work! My users are more than happy!

Is there an option where I can post in one room, and its get posted in the other room to?
As an example I have a general room and a news room, I post a piece of news in news room, and it gets automatically posted/copied to the generel room?

If not is it big effort to implement that?

Best regards

Glad to hear that. :)
I could add an option that allows you to post a message in selected rooms. You could also use bot messages to post scheduled messages in multiple rooms.

I have a peculiar problem and I’m not sure if it’s the chat or it’s my theme. I use a Pixel Edit light and dark version of the same theme. This problem just started to happen. I use 2.1 XF with 2.0.24 chat.

When I post in the light version of the chat, it posts that same dark color in the darker theme. It doesn’t change to a lighter color like everyone else’s does. This looks to just be isolated to me. I’m the admin of the forum but I’m not sure that makes any difference.

Would you have any idea why this is? I don’t format my texts in the chat. If I change colors to anything else, it seems to revert the next time I post. I’m stumped.

Top Bottom