Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
@Siropu i downloaded the new version and didn't realize it was for 2.1 only. Since i'm waiting on a few addons, I'd like to downgrade. But I can't seem to do that in the ACP since it won't let me uninstall the add-on once its in the "upgrade" state. Only enable and disable. Any help would be appreciated.

can it be only popup on mobile option
When clicking on the nav tab? Add this in siropu_chat_js template at the end:
JavaScript:
<xf:js>
if (window.matchMedia('(max-width: 768px)').matches)
{
     var chatNav = $('a[data-nav-id="siropuChat"]');
     chatNav.attr({'href': chatNav.attr('href') + 'fullpage', 'data-xf-click': 'siropu-chat-popup'});
     XF.activate(chatNav);
}
</xf:js>

Found a bug where chat is causing xF to display the same bb code editor buttons in editing posts as in the chat box.
Seems to be a XF bug.
Any help would be appreciated.
Re-upload the files of version 2.0.18. The XF 2.1 version doesn't allow you to run the upgrade if you don't run 2.1.

is it possible to disable clearFormatting (not via CSS)?
From the editor? At the moment, no.

@Siropu ,

a noteable amount of my users complains about the placement, where the chat/chatbar can be disabled - or to be more specfic: the way to get there (and in the first place: to find the option). In some situations (small screens, handhelds or while reading large texts) a quick On/Off switch beside the "Chat" wording in the chatbar would be a great addition.

Any chance you could add a switch like this 196085to the chatbar?

Any chance you could add a switch like this
to the chatbar?
I will think about it.

I will think about it.
Thanks. I think you´ll find it useful, too, at least once implemented. It´s just way more comfortable to have an Off-button at hand where you need it (and honestly I´ld have expected it to be), without navigating through submenues. Especially on mobiles this can get hairy, if your fingers aren´t those of children ;)

I just wanted to report a funny glitch. Basically, if you close Chrome (or it crashes) when you were watching the chat, if you reopen it after some time and you restore the chrome tabs opened the following occurs:

In my case I opened it the day after and yes, new messages are posted "Tomorrow" lol.

I think this happens because the time saved is still the older one when the tabs were closed (in my case, yesterday).

I'm unsure if this is a bug or not, and sincerely it's enough to refresh the page to fix it as the time will update, but I just wanted to have a good laugh with you about this glitch :D

I don't think this is specifically related to this add-on, it just happens to be where the problem is happening for me at the moment, but is there a way to find the cause of input lag in the chat textbox on the forum index widget version? I get no input lag anywhere else, but when trying to type a message using the forum index widget version it lags like crazy. It seems to be an issue on my end, somehow, since nobody else has reported this lag, but it is driving me crazy to have to keep waiting for my message to "finish typing" in the box before I can submit or fix a typo I know I've made. I can't replicate it even on my dev board, but it is definitely there and I'm stumped as to how to fix it.

Have you found a way to resolve this?

I've experienced the same and so have my users.

What I've narrowed down is, when typing using the rich text box (not bbcode editor mode - the orange gear icon toggle), when not on the dedicated Chat tab page, or Open In Popup, meaning when using the chat from the bottom bar position etc, typing on mobile devices is extremely slow - input lag is extremely visible. If you disable rich text editing (make the Toggle BB code button orange) you will not experience input lag anywhere.

I'm not completely sure which action is causing the input lag but it definitely has something to do with a function supported by rich text editing (i.e. auto user mention lookup, etc etc etc, not entirely sure yet).

Have you found a way to resolve this?

I've experienced the same and so have my users.

What I've narrowed down is, when typing using the rich text box (not bbcode editor mode - the orange gear icon toggle), when not on the dedicated Chat tab page, or Open In Popup, meaning when using the chat from the bottom bar position etc, typing on mobile devices is extremely slow - input lag is extremely visible. If you disable rich text editing (make the Toggle BB code button orange) you will not experience input lag anywhere.

I'm not completely sure which action is causing the input lag but it definitely has something to do with a function supported by rich text editing (i.e. auto user mention lookup, etc etc etc, not entirely sure yet).

I have not found a solution for this at this point in time. I do agree it's related to the rich text editor somehow, with a total shot in the dark hypothesis revolving around custom smilies/emotes/emojis/whatever the new word is (I have a lot, so loading the smiley tray is no small feat, so my working theory is something to do with that, but then why only on the one input?). I can't verify that in any way, it's all hypothetical.

Last edited:
@xydrine, @Static-Xbox, I have made some changes in 2.0.21. Please disable the join command in ACP > Chat > Commands and see if the problem persists.

Interesting, I actually installed this, disabled the /join command, then tested it, it works much much better (only a very very very very slight amount - worth mentioning just to the developer - just in case you wanted to know - but not worth complaining about to the point of it barely being usable like before or anything).

Then I re-enabled the /join command, and tested it, same as above. So not sure if the addon in general fixed it, or if toggling /join off then /join on fixed it. But it really seems to be fixed...

Thanks siropu!

I have removed a piece of code that didn't allow an empty space before the text when you type and that seemed to be a little heavy on some sites.

Then I re-enabled the /join command, and tested it, same as above. So not sure if the addon in general fixed it, or if toggling /join off then /join on fixed it.
The reason I suggested to disable the join command is because there is a code that listens to the keyup event when you type to see if you are using the /join command and display the list of rooms based on the room name you type. If you say that it doesn't lag with that enabled, then that's good.

Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:
Upgraded to 2.0.21 and how this spams my server error log:

Code:
Server error log
[LIST]
[*]Error: Call to undefined method XF\Entity\User::canViewSiropuChat()
[*]src\addons\Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat.php:20
[*]Generated by: USERNAME
[*]23 Feb 2019 at 22:39
[/LIST]
Stack trace
#0 src\XF\Pub\Controller\AbstractController.php(30): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat->preDispatchController('Update', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src\XF\Mvc\Controller.php(123): XF\Pub\Controller\AbstractController->preDispatchType('Update', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(320): XF\Mvc\Controller->preDispatch('Update', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Siropu\\Chat:Cha...', 'Update', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat), NULL)
#4 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat), NULL)
#5 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src\XF\App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src\XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

This is happening in production and not during any upgrade or install.

Getting this error on install

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'room_leave' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 217
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 89
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 172
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1452
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1184
  8. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Setup.php at line 187
  9. Siropu\Chat\Setup->installStep3() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 60
  10. Siropu\Chat\Setup->installStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 27
  11. Siropu\Chat\Setup->install() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 398
  12. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  16. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
  17. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  18. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom