Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
@copychief for XenForo 1.5, check out Siropu's original Chat addon :)

Following error during upgrade. Don't know if it's relevant or not.
It is not an issue and it won't show up again. It is due to a new method that has been added.

I wonder if implementing an option to convert inserted images to thumbnails (and thus the dimensions would be able to be specified in the actual chat message data) would fix the issue.
Knowing the image dimensions would't help. The scrollbar is scrolled down and when the image loads it bumps back. The changes I have made work pretty good for me. You don't see any difference?

Knowing the image dimensions would't help. The scrollbar is scrolled down and when the image loads it bumps back. The changes I have made work pretty good for me. You don't see any difference?

I'll play around with it more today and let you know.

If the image dimensions are specified in the img html tag, the browser will pre-allocate the space required to display the image even if it hasn't fully loaded yet. This is how most modern lazy load image scripts work nowadays in order to prevent the "bouncing" effect when scrolling through a page that hasn't loaded all locally hosted images yet.

Thinking about this a little more - at least on my site we tend to use the image upload function provided by the chatbox instead of inserting external images so specifying dimensions (assuming they are stored in the database somewhere upon upload) so these images would at least benefit from dimensions being specified. But as far as externally inserted images go, unless the chatbox pre-downloaded the external image in order to determine the dimensions and subsequently added them to the img html tag, external images would still result in the issue.

But again, I don't believe I've messed with it since you last mentioned you made some changes to it so I'll keep you posted on if that seemed to have resolved the issue.

Either way thanks a bunch for the reply!

If the image dimensions are specified in the img html tag, the browser will pre-allocate the space required to display the image even if it hasn't fully loaded yet.
You are right. I don't know why I was thinking at data attributes and not the actual width and height. :rolleyes:

Hi,
i have another questen :)

I use the "auto login user" and "message display limit" option

When i join the room i see the last 25 lines. but in the message display limit i use 3 lines. when i logout from chat and then login i see 3 lines. thats right. but when i close the tab and go another day online. i see last 25 lines. is there an option to change this? or works only when user use logout button?

Add in extra.less
CSS:
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveNarrow)
{
     body[data-template="siropu_chat_page"]
     {
          .p-nav, .p-sectionLinks
          {
               display: none;
          }
     }
}

That option is for both desktop and mobile. As for the font size, try this:

CSS:
#siropuChatFullPage