Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)

Siropu

Siropu submitted a new resource:

Chat 2 by Siropu - Feature-rich, mobile-friendly chat application.

Main Features
  • Rooms
  • Dedicated guest room with nickname support
  • Archive with search criteria
  • Top chatters page
  • Private conversations
  • Sound, desktop & browser tab notification
  • Global user commands (21 commands that you can manage and you can also add you own custom commands)
  • Custom user commands (Can be used to set predefined messages/responses via command)
  • User settings
  • User status
  • User group permissions
  • User sanctions (Mute/Kick/Ban)
  • User...

Read more about this resource...

@Siropu chat works in real time, or may need to refresh the page?
Or unless someone else will write the message?

Some bug reports:
1. Private messages do not work, an error is thrown. (text not sent)
2. When you exit the Chat rooms and move to another room. (you stay in both rooms at once)
Chat room "widgets" which displays the rooms not updated in real time.1.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: CNK
Code:
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,
in a
Rich (BB code):
    floodCheck: 1000,
    displayNavCount: ,
    commands: {"join":"join","whisper":"whisper"}

sometimes not loaded phrase siropu_chat_write_public_message

It would be great to hide the editor altogether if the user does not have rights to use chat.

When you open the popup in your demo and go to options there, you can actually click the "open in popup"-button again. Might be worth to consider hiding it there.

chat works in real time, or may need to refresh the page?
You don't have to refresh the page. A chat is not a chat if you have to refresh the page. :)
It works with AJAX which calls the server every 5 seconds (by default) to get new messages. For 2.x I want to see if Node,js can be implemented with the current features.

Private messages do not work, an error is thrown. (text not sent)
That was an issue with the demo site. Now it should be ok.

When you exit the Chat rooms and move to another room. (you stay in both rooms at once)
Not sure I understand this one.

Chat room "widgets" which displays the rooms not updated in real time.
It's by design.

Would it be possible to shift the navigation entry in the admin control panel a bit lower in the list? Having it at the very top instead of setup and add-ons seems quite dominant. I think it'd be suited more to reside below forums, pretty much like the resource manager does.

I have it installed with the updated beta 1 version, thank you Siropu!

There are a couple of issues though. One of my user's names is displayed as It's Me when it should be It's Me. And you can see the smilies in the editor but you can't click on them, this wasn't a problem on your demo site.

Reactions: CNK
If you uncheck the "Enable Rooms" option, no one can use chat.

If you don't want guests posting in the chatbox they aren't able to see anything because they can't join any rooms.

@katsulynx, please look in the browser console for errors, because there seems to be an issue with the editor as it did not load.

Oh, could have noticed that.

EDIT: Looks like the error is unrelated, it appears on all other editor instances as well. I've boiled it down to an incompatibility with my editor manager. As soon as I disable it, it's working fine. The manager is working with all "standard" froala instances though, so I'm currently trying to figure out what would be the cause for it. Where are you loading the editor script?

Last edited:
Some bugs I've noticed while trying to figure out the incompatibility (and having my add-on disabled):
1. Once you've selected at least one choice in Options -> Chat -> Disallowed custom BB codes, you can't select none anymore, you're always stuck with at least one choice.
2. The selection seems to have no effect however. The selected BB Code button is still shown in the editor toolbar.
3. When you toggle BB Code off somewhere else in XenForo and head to the message page, the editor there will be disabled as well. You can't re-enable it from there as the button is missing, and you're stuck with the same phenomenon as caused by the incompatibility: Pressing enter inserts a new line instead of submitting the message.

Haven't had much chance to play with this yet but I've not faced any bugs myself.

Install went smooth and the looks fit well when using XenForo 2.0 Beta 7.

Top Bottom