Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I'm getting this error after updating (and then after uninstalling and reinstalling) to beta 2:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot use isset() on the result of a function call (you can use "null !== func()" instead) src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Chat.php:718
Generated by: Paul Oct 24, 2017 at 5:48 PM
Code:
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Code:
Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(22) "/index.php?chat/update"
  ["referrer"] => string(23) "https://paulsplace.net/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["chat/update"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["channel"] => string(4) "room"
    ["room_id"] => string(1) "1"
    ["last_id"] => array(1) {
      [1] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["conv_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["is_chat_page"] => string(5) "false"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Liked for XF2 version but you can make your chat like Facebook?

Mean that there is a column on the right side with members online and can chat personally?

Would it be possible to alter the active user list in the chat to pay respect to the users privacy settings? I noticed that users appear there (including their last activity date) when they opted to not show that in their profile. That kind of allows other users to bypass these settings if those users are active in the chat.

Thanks for your huge effort and support on your add-on.
I try my best. :)

Following bug coming from Beta 1 version
Will be fixed in Beta 3.

I'm getting this error after updating (and then after uninstalling and reinstalling) to beta 2:
Seems to be an issue with php versions older than 7.

When posting in a forum with an "&", it gets converted in the shoutbox by the bot
I will see what I can do about that.

Am I to understand that it has one-to-one real time IM chat?
It is not real time. It uses AJAX requests to get new messages every 5 seconds (default). For 2.x I want to implement node.js to make it real time without putting stress on the server.

Liked for XF2 version but you can make your chat like Facebook?
It has a completely different functionality, so it can't work like Facebook chat.

Would it be possible to alter the active user list in the chat to pay respect to the users privacy settings?
Forum online status and chat activity status it is not the same thing.

Clicking guest chatter avatars will attempt to show a member tooltip. This actually shows a squished version of the "Notable members" page. I assume this would just need a condition check to show tooltips only if the requested chatter is a registered member? :)

Xenforo-2-SiropuChat-Beta-GuestToolTip.webp

@Siropu i can't select days/weeks/months/years options for mute/ban/kick. At really, i can select but it only works as "hours" option. (tested on beta 2).

There are a couple of bugs with beta 2. From my forum members:

On mobile, I never start off with the newest shout being shown... I *always* have to refresh to see the latest....
If you edit a shout, save it, then edit it again, once you save the text shows up twice. Edit it a third time, the text shows up three times.
It also happens even after a first edit and repeats the message two times - but it seems random when it will happen
Sometimes when you click inside the text box to start writing a message. For some reason (and it's random again). It will create an empty blank first line (that I didn't create by clicking enter key, plus it's a single line text box anyway). If you write a message on that second line it created, the message will not be submitted into shoutbox (you lose the message) and have to backspace and delete that empty first blank line created.
Capture.webp
One member and myself have experience shouts not being posted after pressing the enter key, all of the text that was typed just vanishes.

Last edited:
Are these issues experienced on Firefox?
One member and myself have experience shouts not being posted after pressing the enter key, all of the text that was typed just vanishes.
Have you selected the text before pressing enter?

Updated to beta 3 today and have a new bug with editing shouts. If you click on the edit icon none of the text you want to edit appears in the pop-up text field.

the problem with the chat bot and special characters still exists. I created a thread called "Lou Reed "Walk On The Wild Side" w/Andy Warhol's "superstars" video" and the chat bot turned it into "Lou Reed "Walk On The Wild Side" w/Andy Warhol's "superstars" video".

How I can download this for version 2? I have already purchased for the previous version but never used as I was waiting for the XF version 2. Now i upgraded my site to version 2 and how I can download this plugin to use it please ?

Oh thanks a lot I forgot your that site :) sure will download from there and try.

Cheers
I installed perfectly without any issue.
Now in the chat room when I tried to whisper to a user , I got this message

(Error) siropu_chat_whisper_command_no_message

Last edited:
Top Bottom