RM 1.2 Change thumbnail size (not icon) in resource manager

snoopy5

Hi,

When I uplaod normal images in a new resource, I have the option to display them in fullsize in the textbox or as thumbnails.

How can I change the size of the thumbnails just for RM, so it does not affect thumbnails in the normal forum?

The RM uses the standard attachment thumbs, and thus it uses the global setting.

How could I change code, so that I have smaller thumbnails only in RM by default?

Could be even hard coded in the RM Code so that RM does not look up the global settings in the ACP...

Where do I find the code for resource manager in which these thumbnails settings are looked up?

I also want to have different settings to be able to see imags at all. In my forum, only logged in members are allowed to see images. But in RM everybody (even not logged in people) shall be able to see the images within the RM.

Where do I find the code for this?

You can set the permissions for viewing resource images separate from other attachments. That's "View resource images". (And "Download resources".)

However, if you want to change the thumbnail size of the RM thumbs, that would require custom development.

You can set the permissions for viewing resource images separate from other attachments. That's "View resource images". (And "Download resources".)

That is strange... I have 2 RM installed on 2 different forums. The settings are exactly the same in ACP. In Installation 1, the images are not visible for unregistered users, in installation 2 they are. What can be the reason for this?

In installation 1 I have a smaller thumbnail size and the image is definitely bigger than that size. In installation 2 the image is smaller then the thumbnail size (so it does not have to get recalculated), in case that does matter..

RM_settings_ACP_usergroup_unregistered.webp

update:

i changd in installation 2 the thumbnail size to the same size as in #1 and rebuild Attachment Thumbnails. Still the difference in visibilty between the two. Both same RM version 1.24 and same XF version 1.5.12.

However, if you want to change the thumbnail size of the RM thumbs, that would require custom development.

I sent you a PM with tha links.

I can live at the moment with the same thumbnail size in RM & XF, as long as the images are visisible in RM.

But for future resource manager version, this should be an option in ACP independantly from XF ;)

Top Bottom