Add-on Categories for tags

sami simo

Im interessted in a script that enable admins to define groups or categories for tags.
example:
Color: Bed, Blue, Breen
Cars : Renault, Mercedes, Ford
User can select a category, and then a tag. Threads should display those tags ordered by their categories. example:
Cars: Ford
Color: red

I think a similar addon may help a lot to organize content in xenforo, especially when filtering threads.

@sami simo , @ForumCube did you ever find a solution for this?

I would love to define categories for tags..

In my niche there are imageboards that have distinct tag categories for characters and anime titles. The tags can be styled to make it obvious they're distinct categories. Would also need a way to of course list tagged items by category.

Would also need to be compatible with other add ons that use the XF 1.5 tagging framework.

No, I didnt contact @ForumCube for this, as I cant see any example of his work in the ressource manager, to be honest I dont hove too much interest fo this addon for the moment. but I will be happy to co-found it if a well known devolopper like @Daniel Hood is interested in adding such feature in TAGS ESSENTIALS.

I will be happy to co-found it if a well known devolopper like @Daniel Hood is interested in adding such feature in TAGS ESSENTIALS.
I'd be interested in this. Any way I could get an example of the functionality you're looking for? Screenshots or a mock up (doesn't have to be fancy) would be really helpful. If you and @Optic are interested in funding this it's something we can all discuss.

Thanks @Daniel Hood for your interest, the idea is to organize tags in groups or categories, or vocabularies, similar to what Drupal does.

in Drupal, Each vocabulary can contain an unlimited number of tags.

and users may add differents tags to each vocabulary .

example for adding tags to differents vocabularies:
0.webp

the display can be somthing like this:

1.webp

Top Bottom