Cant submit posts......

DaveL

A few days ago the server on which my forum is hosted was hacked. I currently have a VPS that is still being worked on as that was hacked as well (http://www.AirportCityGame.com)

Anyway, My current site www.DoverLocals.co.uk is all back up and running, however I cant seem to submit threads or posts. It comes up woth "Unspecfied Error".

Im not sure what php version the server was on before, but apparently it was upgraded to 5.3 to help resolve the attacks, could that have anything to do with it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

This may seem very strange, but whenever I try and post the following as either a thread or a post, I get an error

Popped into JJB sported yesterday to take advantage ofthe 50% off marked prices! Ended up walking out with quite a few bargains, probably a few too many!

Very helpful and friendly Sports Direct staff helping out their collegues.

Does anyone know how much longer JJB Sports will be trading for in Dover?

This is what happens after I click "Create Thread"

error1.webp
No errors are showing in the error log.

The same problem happens if I paste that quoted text into a post.

How strange that I can create other threads/posts - but cant use that text without getting an error.....

If I disable my twitter mod, then I get the below when I try and submit that text

error2.webp

This stays like this until I cancel. Exactly the same happens when I try and use that text in a post.

I have created a few different threads/posts and havent been able to recreate the problem. Only happens with the quoted text!

Only with that text? Must be some weird server restriction. I have seen this caused by mod_security when it encounters certain keywords, though I don't see any of the usual suspect words in that post.

Can you contact your host and get them to disable mod_security (assuming it's enabled)? See if that fixes the problem.

Top Bottom