Cant install any Addons

giminei

Hello,

I just moved my XenForo to another Host (to a VPS), and now i have only Proplems. First it tokes me 2 Hours to install XenForo. It always stucks on Creating Cache/Phrases. But ok, i could resolve this Proplem.

Next, i cant install any Addon. It stucks too on Creating Phrases. And now, my ACP Phrases are broken..WTF IS WRONG with my XenForo?

18-06-2011 21-15-08.webp18-06-2011 21-02-30.webp18-06-2011 21-09-25.webp

If it was working before you moved it then the first thing to confirm is whether all of the files were uploaded correctly.
Re-upload all of the server files just to be sure.

If it still doesn't work then it's possibly an issue with your new server, not enough memory or resources perhaps, or not configured correctly.
How many styles and languages do you have installed?

I have only 1 Style and 1 Language. I will re-install XenForo..but i think thats a Proplem with the Server, but which Proplem?

What should i say to my VPS Provider? That XenForo is not working?

Try the fix here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/fixed-strange-problem-phrase-map-rebuild-timeout.16697/

However, 2 hours to do the install is WAAAAAY out of whack. It should be about a minute or two. I have seen various VPSes that are longer than that (10-15 minutes), and I theorize that it's due to slow writes, possibly related to the way InnoDB works. Tuning InnoDB may help, but I'm not sure what's necessary off hand. It doesn't happen with all VPSes though.

Now i cant install XenForo anymore: An error occurred or the request was stopped.

What should i say to my Host, what is wrong, is it a MySQL Proplem, or Apache ...

You should find a different host because the one you are on has ripped you off by selling you a VPS package on a physical server/storage that is way oversubscribed. The problems you are currently experiencing will continue during normal operation of the forum. The point of a VPS is to get better resources than those of a shared plan. In your case you received resources which appear to be worse than those of a shared plan. My guess would be that this is a function of you going with the cheapest VPS provider you could find. Who's your host?

It's like Mike said, the database writes take too long. You can try and report to them that your database write performance is too slow and see what they say. Maybe something will come of it. There really isn't much you can do, the problem is a function of how many people are writing to the database storage at the same time and it appears that in your case it's just too many (too many different VPS accounts).

My hoster says I should looking for a working version of XenForo for PHP 5.2.x. But there is no other Version, i downloaded my XenForo from the Customer Center. (n):(:confused:

That's a nonsensical reply from your host. I'm not sure how they went from I/O (write) speed to a version of XF for PHP 5.2 (which it is for, BTW).

If you submit a ticket with admin CP and FTP details, I will debug what I can.

If you submit a ticket with admin CP and FTP details, I will debug what I can.

Sorry, i dont have XenForo installed anymore, because i deletet everything and tried to install it again. But it dont work, it stops with an Error: An error occurred or the request was stopped.

So, the Thread Titel should be chanced to: "Cant install XenForo" :p

Should i submit a Ticket anyway?

MY HOST FOUND THE SOLUTION!! IT WORKS NOW! :D

Hello,

As suggested on one of threads at their official forums, I edited /home/admin/mensworld.me/js/xenforo/cache_rebuild.js and changed
{ error: $.context(this, 'formSubmitError'), timeout: 125000 }
to
{ error: $.context(this, 'formSubmitError'), timeout: 600000 }

From some reason XenForo takes longer than expected to rebuild the cache at Kloxo setup, so it's the official fix. I suggest you to change it in every cache_rebuild.js for all your XenForo forums.

Let me know if you need further help!

None of the steps should take longer than 125 seconds - most of them are keyed to take 10 seconds actually and then start again. That's why I was asking you to submit a ticket.

There are 2 steps that aren't broken down in 1.0.2. I have posted the fix to one of them there, and 1.0.3 has the other step broken down into 10 second increments, but the fix is more involved.

Regardless, if that workaround works for you, then it does the trick.

Sorry, i dont have XenForo installed anymore, because i deletet everything and tried to install it again. But it dont work, it stops with an Error: An error occurred or the request was stopped.

I was getting the same error and fixed it by adding
PHP:
ini_set('max_execution_time', 1000);

The install took over 15 minutes to run. What would cause it to take so long?

I was getting the same error and fixed it by adding
PHP:
ini_set('max_execution_time', 1000);

The install took over 15 minutes to run. What would cause it to take so long?

Hi, where do you make that change.

I am getting the same 'An error occurred or the request was stopped' errors when trying to install skins and/or addons.

I started getting this error on my freshly installed XF test site. I did not get that problem at all when setting up my live forum which is running from the same domain but just in a different folder......

Top Bottom