1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is XenForo using any addons? Or Extra only

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by pilot823, Nov 11, 2015.

1. pilot823

pilot823 Member

When I'm navigate my way around the XenForo site and learning more about xenForo ever time I use it, on my pc or Mobil device. I was wonder about something and had a question.

Is xenForo running any addons?

Or are your only using the items name EXTRAS that I can buy when I do my original purchase of XenForo?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

We're running the core XenForo product plus the extras; Media Gallery, Resource Manager and Enhanced Search.

The only other custom thing you can see that is not included is the branded footer and any styles other than the "Default Style".

3. pilot823

pilot823 Member

Chris D, Enhanced Search Requires access to install elasticsearch 0.16.0. Would I need to pay any extra fees for elasticsearch?

4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Other than it being dependent on a shared hosting provider that has it installed for their clients (there are a few), you would need to be on a VPS or dedicated server to make use of it. The "engine" for it is free.

ozzy47 likes this.
  5. pilot823

pilot823 Member

Ok thanks, I have my own server so I can use it them .

6. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I think xF should include that branded footer with the default package. I'd turn 'Buy XenForo Now' to 'Join Us Now'.

7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's not exactly difficult to achieve. It's just HTML and CSS. A big footer like that isn't totally relevant or useful for the majority of communities.

Daniel Hood and Steve F like this.