RM 1.0 Can Version String in Resources be removed?

Divinum Fiat

We don't have "versions" for our resources, just books, workshops, etc. and for some reason when I create a "paid" resource it won't allow me to create it without a "version string." It does allow me to create an unpaid resource without a version string.

Can the version string be completely removed?

Version String should be optional, no matter what Resource Type we choose!
it is really stopping me to use "Uploaded file" and "External download URL" types. I want to make use of these types but without Version String.
I'm quoting my own message again, I bought 2 RM licenses but to be honest it is still stopping me to use "Uploaded file" and "External download URL" types. Now RM going forward to 1.1 but this problem is still there, no change sadly :(

I'm also looking for a way to remove version strings from resources as they are useless for me also, I may consider sending in a support ticket for further help on this issue.

I just removed the version string on our test board from a couple resources that were added on version 1.0 of the RM and it was replaced with today's date. Not sure if that is intended or not, RM 1.1.0 Beta 2.

Versioning is relatively fundamental. It's not necessarily trivial to remove -- it's how all file updates are done for example.

I just removed the version string on our test board from a couple resources that were added on version 1.0 of the RM and it was replaced with today's date. Not sure if that is intended or not, RM 1.1.0 Beta 2.
Generally yes, it's intentional. A version number is required for any resource with a file.

Top Bottom