1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.1 Version string missing?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by Floren, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

I'm testing the latest Resources version and there is an issue with the version string field. When I enable only the "Does not have a file" option for a specific category, the field is hidden. Is this a bug or the normal behavior?

I tested this issue here also, entered version 1.0.0 into field and selected the "Does not have a file" option. When I go back to edit the resource, the version field is hidden:
    http://xenforo.com/community/resources/test-resource.2678/

Another issue I noticed is related to custom fields. Say I create a custom field, then publish few resources. If I add another custom field and go back to edit a previously published resource, the new custom field is not present.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  2. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

The version string (field) is not shown for fileless resources.

3. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Technically, it should, no? Regardless of file present or not, I can make reference to a product that can install locally without being downloaded. The best example is RPM packages, they require versioning and are installed with yum command.