California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is all...webp

that is all...

I imagine no matter what, it will take time for everyone to catch up on the news. So far it's announced here, other major forum sites, and social networks. When XF 1.2 is released it should be definitely apparent to everyone.

I didn't mean to disrespect you at all, and I respect your opinion. You have to realize, those of us in this thread know about it, but what about new people coming to the site or even people not following this case every step of the way, looking for a solution for their new or current project? I feel that putting up a notice, letting the entire community and guests know that it is over and development is continuing, will be a positive affect on their sales and community as a whole. While I want them to focus on developing, I highly doubt that they go 24/7 coding without any breaks.

Again, they are a small team, and they have to be a bit more professional in dealing with the public than they have in the past, IMHO.

No worries, on the same page...

I suppose my view is that this thread, the announcement Kier made in the Announcements forum was pretty much a cover all. The extra notice I thought would be overkill, almost gloating in a way... would depend on the wording I suppose. They have a long road ahead to get the fractured community back together as it is.

@Tekkran - you could continue and hold KMA's "on-hold" attitude and silence during the last months against them and wait possibly forever for an apology and stick with vBulletin, because you didn't like the course of action they took.

Or, you could just accept the fact it happened, be glad it is all over, possibly see their hiatus as a chance for them to come back fresh, with possibly even newer and better ideas and more energy than ever to make Xenforo great and finally accept XF as your product of choice.:)

Which is the better of the two choices? It seems like a real no-brainer in my book currently.;) (no offense intended either!!!:))

Scott
So Scott, will you be the official German distro :)

Xenforo the product is going to live on anyone and everyone should be happy about that, i know i am. Previously being in the unknown some people had cause for concern, not any more imo. Development is continuing, Same developers will be developing it enticing more and more people to come across thus that will hopefully bring in a greater eco-system further enticing 3rd party developers to build/produce more stuff. If that is not worth looking forward to nothing is going to make one happy.

One thing I'll miss Is jake saying "More waiting is required". I could just envision him slapping on his Gandalf costume put his fake beard on and constantly "more waiting is required Frodo" </gandalf impression end> *stamps staff*. Yeah.

Anyway as I was saying.... or wasn't saying.... *stumped what to say to end this post*..... waiting... waiting....

Long Live Xenforo.

I don't think a single notice will take care of all of that. One notice being made isn't a cure all. If people are curious, it is found here, as well as in the announcement forum. I vote to move forward, leave this just where it needs to be, in the past.

People feel overwhelm ed by where to look for info especially on this thread. They keep asking the same questions which wastes the mods time and ours.
As I said there are plenty of people who haven't logged in here for a while - they may comeback in a casual way to check or they may pick up on rumour. Whatever, there's going to be a steady trail of them for at least 6 months.

Don't judge others by yourself. You are well connected, attentive, you're here a lot. So you have the info and are ready to move on. Only a fraction of XF membership has been like that. There are amny nowhere near as well informed as you are and they are going to clog us up for months. We'll get sick of it.

People feel overwhelm ed by where to look for info especially on this thread. They keep asking the same questions which wastes the mods time and ours.
As I said there are plenty of people who haven't logged in here for a while - they may comeback in a casual way to check or they may pick up on rumour. Whatever, there's going to be a steady trail of them for at least 6 months.

Don't judge others by yourself. You are well connected, attentive, you're here a lot. So you have the info and are ready to move on. Only a fraction of XF membership has been like that. There are amny nowhere near as well informed as you are and they are going to clog us up for months. We'll get sick of it.

How will you get sick of it? I already explained my reasoning. I wasn't judging others. fact

If people pick up on a rumor, or whatever it may be, are they not capable of looking in the forums? After all, having them use the software is much better than a quick glance at something and then they leave. Maybe using xF will entice them to purchase, come back, etc...

Either way...

If I were looking at new forum software the first place I would look would be the announcement forum to see how development is going and any new features, so I think a notice wouldn't be needed since Kier's posts pretty much settles it.

Lets move on and get this place back in shape and help newcomers with any questions they may have.

Congrats! It's over! Glad to see XF moving on!

As for opinions, they're like ***holes...we all have one. Personally, I'd rather just respect everyone's opinions and move on. No sense in arguing about opinions you disagree with. The facts are the facts. The opinions are the opinions of how each person interprets the facts. IMHO!

The most important thing right now is the ongoing development. We need healthy competition in the forum market. We have that back right now.

When being taken to court there is a lot of stress. Saying the wrong thing or even remembering a date wrong can create problems. Lawyers probably told them to not talk about it. It is hard to answer questions when you don't know what answers can be problematic.

"How long is the trial going to take"?
*We don't know*
"Why don't you know"
*This is highly variable*
"You just don't want to tell us" o_O

Sometimes when you don't know the answer it is best to keep quite.

Then there is trying to make ends meet while all of this is going on.

I am quite sure the guys were overwhelmed, tired, and stressed but that is just a guess on my part.

All I know for certain is I would not liked to have gone through a couple of years of this kind of stress.

I might have done the same things as KAM did under the circumstances. I don't know for sure as I was not standing in their shoes.

Things are back, this mess was not of KAM's creation.

I just want to give them some peace so they can work.

I am also what some would call a "Fanboy" of XenForo, so be it. I have been called worse.

I think I will go do some work now.

To reiterate:
XenForo is not owned in whole or in part by Internet Brands Inc or or it's subsidiaries.
New features in 1.2 will be appearing in the Have you Seen forum in the coming weeks, so yes to development.

Mike is on his honeymoon
Kier still likes Southern Comfort
Slavik likes any drink with a twist of lime, :p
I still like Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale
Jake likes raw eggs, well not really, maybe v8?
Ashley is, well... the sunglasses make him look really cool
And as for XenForo? Well XenForo continues to work tirelessly for you, it's customers, and it's board of directors: Kier, Ashley, and Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom