California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your unsolicited opinion. I do think they handled things well. They supplied me exactly what they promised for the price paid. In the context of KAM/XF delivering exactly what they promised, plus being under the pressure of a lawsuit without merit, and having personal, professional, and financial issues brought about by the lawsuit, I think they handled everything well. Was it "perfect"? Probably not. But, like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that they did handle everything well- if not perfectly.

I contrast that with my experiences with vB, where they charged me a lot of money for things never delivered. And not only did they never apologize, they dug in by denying that they promised me what they stated repeatedly would be delivered- i.e., a working CMS, a mobile style (included, not paid), improved search, and...well, I could go on and on. I will for just a moment- they abandoned development for vB 4.x for well over a year because they were working on another up sell- to a completely unusable vB5 Connect. Oh, and by the way, they caused whatever problems faced by XF by filing a bogus lawsuit. So, in comparison, in my opinion, yes, XF handled things much better- they never lied to me and they delivered all they promised.

On second thought, your unsolicited opinion is not welcome. If you have a different one, good for you. However, I don't appreciate your saying I am deluded. Putting a smiley face behind it does not make it valid, palatable or correct.

If you feel you are owed something by KAM in the way of apology, then that is your right and your opinion. If you don't get it, then make your decisions accordingly. However, don't think that a smug attitude or snide comments makes your argument any better. I have no desire to debate my opinion. Once again, as I have said numerous times in this thread, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you have a different one, good for you. If you feel hurt by the lack of personal attention from KAM, you have two choices- suck it up and stay. Otherwise, if it is so offensive to you, move on.

Calling me deluded is a punk move. It discounts my opinion and somehow seeks to make your opinion better without reference to fact or reason. Feel free to ignore me/block me, or skip my posts in the future.

Cool story.

Is this like that time you gave your unsolicited opinion to him?

I'd like to hear more please.

I don't get how people are still holding a grudge over the lack of communication, as there were obviously reasons for it (And no, we're not entitled to know why as being a licensed customer doesn't give us anything more than what is stipulated in the purchase).

What's even worse, the people who were actually harmed by the silence (designers and developers) have almost all moved on and are looking forward to new projects to release for XenForo. There were no serious issues with XF 1.3 during the time that there was little communication, so why is there this gigantic outcry after the lawsuit has ended?

Let it go, and move on already. And if you can't, shut your mouth and wait till you can, because I was sick of this crap months ago and now that there is no reason for it I find it even more ridiculous than before.

Ditto.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not quite sure as to why there is even a discussion about the lack of communication during the lawsuit really. As a developer I can tell you it was frustrating, but really my hope was simply that the lawsuit would end (check), Mike would come back and make a post (check) and news of 1.2 would be mentioned (check). In all honesty, it's the best case scenario for me.

While some may not remember the time before the case, but development was SOOOO swift it was incredible. Bug fixes galore and constant communication from KAM on your questions. I expect to see something similar going forward and if you cannot be happy just thinking about that, then perhaps you weren't happy using XenForo to begin with...

Life is too short to get all bent out of shape over things you have no control over (I should know, I was not doing this community any favors fretting over things I had no control over nor any real reason to take so personally the last 9 or 10 months here). Not that I think it will matter, but I'd like to make a personal, public apology to Kier and Mike for my actions. We were good friends once upon a time...hope we can be again in the future. Thank you for fighting the good fight and making this remarkable piece of software! I hope it continues to make all sorts of dreams come true for us all!

Nice job trolling.

You have utterly disarmed me with your insight and wit. You hit it on the head- I also gave an unsolicited opinion (I think, in playground parlance, this is something like the infamous, "I know you are, but what am I?" move). I surrender to your obviously superior commentary. I will withhold more in response until I feel worthy to respond with anything approaching your compassion, insight and value to this community.

Well done. (As I recall, in the 5th grade, we called what you did a "wicked burn").

Nice job trolling.

You have utterly disarmed me with your insight and wit. You hit it on the head- I also gave an unsolicited opinion (I think, in playground parlance, this is something like the infamous, "I know you are, but what am I?" move). I surrender to your obviously superior commentary. I will withhold more in response until I feel worthy to respond with anything approaching your compassion, insight and value to this community.

Well done. (As I recall, in the 5th grade, we called what you did a "wicked burn").

Something about his post reminded me of a very distinctive posting style of a certain banned member.

Looks like I was right.

Signal500 is none other than our friend David Mc Henry.

Since he is circumventing a ban, i've now banned this account also.

Something about his post reminded me of a very distinctive posting style of a certain banned member.

Looks like I was right.

Ouch, that must hurt.

Wait, I want to post in here before it gets locked!

I'm extremely happy the lawsuit is over with. I bought an XF licence despite the lawsuit, and although there was much doom & gloom and I wish there had been a little more communication from the owners over the last 8 months or so, I decided to stick with XF regardless. The many add-ons have helped me stay positive about my decision, and the XF moderators have done a good job too.

XF is a fantastic software and now its future looks bright! The settlement is the best piece of news I've had in a long time.

Looks like I was right.

LOL. #Winning...

At some point, the thread may be locked...however, I really don't understand the desire to lock threads. Seems to me that if you don't want to read what people post, you can make it a non-issue by...wait for it....not reading the thread. The only reason I can see to lock a thread is if, for some reason, it becomes a pain/huge task for the moderators to deal with it. (If a thread is really bad and without any value whatsoever, then the course of action that makes sense to me is to delete the whole thing). On my forum/community, I don't think I have had a reason to do either more than a handful of times over the past 8 years (excepting, of course, spam).

I do understand the idea of looking forward, though. It is fantastic that the albatross that was the lawsuit is now gone. There is likely to be little new information of import posted here about the lawsuit. It is over. Still, IMHO, I don't see a reason to lock it.

All that said, this is not my own forum and I defer to the (extremely) capable hands of the moderators here- Slavik, Jake, Lawrence, and Dean have done a great job so far. I won't second guess moderators (or KAM) on their home turf.

This conversation borders on the surreal. So we have a situation here where the defendants in a lawsuit are no doubt asked by their attorneys not to comment about the case. So they comply. Nothing strange about that. And since nobody can predict how legal actions will turn out, they apparently held off on development of XF until the case was resolved.

You also have a situation where the defendants, now victorious, are not able to talk about a settlement that is confidential. Nothing strange about that either.

As a way to compensate paying customers who had to wait while all this played out, the developers gave us all 255 day license extensions.

So now maybe it's time to move on? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom